Votes: 39 78.0%
  • IWC 5001-07

Votes: 11 22.0%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think I've settled on selling my SubC for one of these since my preferences have changed a bit, and I'm having a hard time deciding which one, as they are both almost equally gorgeous. It would serve as my daily wearer.
Would love to hear some opinions |>

(other suggestions for watches of this type also welcome)

·
Registered
15,261 Posts
Oh, geez the JLC for sure, much cleaner, very beautiful . . .

·
Registered
223 Posts
IWC, looks awesome. Classic and contemporary at the same time. But I'd also keep the Sub...

Sent from my HTC Butterfly s

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Didn't even need the pictures to know the JLC is the correct, and only, choice. Any MUT is great and this one manages to have a moonphase and pointer date complications that do not clutter the dial; the JLC's movement is far superior to the IWC; modern IWC are so oversized they're best for strapping on your thigh instead of your wrist.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Both are nice, but I'd go for the JLC. I am very fond of thin watches.

Reactions: BusyTimmy

·
Registered
302 Posts
I would go JLC. I do like the look of the IWC but the JLC is much sharper. The IWC is a little too large in my opinion as well. I don't know what the rest of your collection looks like but if this is an only watch I would stick with the SubC.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Both are very nice, I'd give the edge to the JLC. Keep in mind the IWC wears very large, much larger than the JLC.

Reactions: acello27

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
The IWC Portuguese. I actually like that JLC, which is not something I usually say. I'm not a big fan of most of JLC's designs, but this one is nice. And personally I'd pick a different Portuguese. But it's hard to pass up the heritage and general look of the Portuguese.

·
Premium Member
21,775 Posts
For the IWC Portuguese, I prefer the older 3714 model. But, even compared to this, I prefer the JLC Master Ultrathin Moon, which is a truly beautiful watch.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
These two watches are so, so different from one anther.
I own the JLC and have often considered the IWC 5001-07. I'd have both, except the IWC does not fit my wrist. I've tried it a few times now. They're both fantastic, with the IWC being probably a little more versatile. The JLC is quite dressy and easily my favourite attainable JLC piece. I prefer it to the annual and perpetual calendar and I've never been a huge fan of JLC sports watches in general.

If you can, keep the Sub. It's just about the perfect complement to the Master Ultrathin Moon 39, a truly special piece. : )

·
Registered
237 Posts
JLC for sure - beautiful watch, timeless elegance. I do not like the fact that the IWC is so thick for a dress watch.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
JLC for sure - beautiful watch, timeless elegance. I do not like the fact that the IWC is so thick for a dress watch.
When I saw the Portuguese auto in person I realised that it is not a dress watch - it's almost pure sport, smart/casual. There is nothing dressy about it. The JLC is completely different. This thread might as well be about the SubC vs JLC.

Reactions: flyingpicasso

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
JLC Moon is a better design. JLC the company, what they do, their innovation, their pricing, their attitude, their brand image are overall above IWC today IMHO.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts