WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it acceptable behavior to drink a martini (shaken not stirred) while wearing a Speedy Pro, and not a Bond watch?

Yes, but, you're an idiot
No, but, you're an idiot
Doesn't matter, you're still an idiot
Does not apply, James Bond is a pussy, and drinks cool-aid

Now just don't vote and run, stay and play. Sharing is caring. David

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
You're just an idiot, period

But you're my brother and I'm not gonna call you an idiot in front of the home boys. Fill her up Dave! Wow!, my favorite brand too!!!
(KYB) Kind You Bought!
jim
PS
That Absolute looks mighty cold..........got big olives? Vermouth real dry?
Perfect!

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PS People....................

I ain't smart enough to make the poll thingy work with pics, so vote with a reply. Thank you for your understanding. David

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
Most Bond geeks would argue that James Bond wore a Rolex and drank Martinis. Personally, Bond is a wuss. Clint Eastwood drank whiskey, and the outlaw Josey Wales could smoke Bond's little Nancyboy butt.

Now, me ... I'm a bourbon or scotch guy. Gimme a good single malt on the rocks, or some Woodford Reserve with some ice and water. I'll drink with you no matter what watch you are wearing. - David

....and yes you are an idiot, but every village needs one. ;-)

·
1,124 Posts
Re: PS People....................

I ain't smart enough to make the poll thingy work with pics, so vote with a reply. Thank you for your understanding. David
First, it ain't a martini unless its gin, preferably Tanqueray.

You vodka swilling barbarians come up with a name for your drink, and don't suggest "vodka martini"

You ever heard of someone switching liquors in other mixed drinks and calling it the same thing?

Vodka and OJ -- screwdriver
Tequila and OJ -- screwed up

Rusty Nail -- scotch and Drambuie
Mix Drambuie and Bourbon and you'll have Scotland and Kentucky at war

And you're only an idiot for storing your watch in a glass with alcohol present, whether it's a Speedy or a SMP

have one for me -- but call it what it is -- vodka martini my a**

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Sam,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I'll drink one with gin just as fast as I will with Vodka. And, no, there was no Vodka present with my Speedy. And Jim and me will have one for ya! Thanks for weighing in. David

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
Re: You're just an idiot, period

But you're my brother and I'm not gonna call you an idiot in front of the home boys. Fill her up Dave! Wow!, my favorite brand too!!!
(KYB) Kind You Bought!
jim
PS
That Absolute looks mighty cold..........got big olives? Vermouth real dry?
Perfect!

Hey Jim, love that honey croco on the Speedy. My favorite combo. Heyyyyyy .... is that a fifth of Knob Creek I spy in the background? - David

·
Registered
64 Posts
Most Bond geeks would argue that James Bond wore a Rolex and drank Martinis. Personally, Bond is a wuss. Clint Eastwood drank whiskey, and the outlaw Josey Wales could smoke Bond's little Nancyboy butt.

Now, me ... I'm a bourbon or scotch guy. Gimme a good single malt on the rocks, or some Woodford Reserve with some ice and water. I'll drink with you no matter what watch you are wearing. - David

:-! on the Woodford...but I like mine neat...

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
Hey Dave ...

did you leave room for John to photoshop himself in? It's not a party without good old John. - David

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
I believe Sams had a drink or two.........

First, it ain't a martini unless its gin, preferably Tanqueray.

You vodka swilling barbarians come up with a name for your drink, and don't suggest "vodka martini"

You ever heard of someone switching liquors in other mixed drinks and calling it the same thing?

Vodka and OJ -- screwdriver
Tequila and OJ -- screwed up

Rusty Nail -- scotch and Drambuie
Mix Drambuie and Bourbon and you'll have Scotland and Kentucky at war

And you're only an idiot for storing your watch in a glass with alcohol present, whether it's a Speedy or a SMP

have one for me -- but call it what it is -- vodka martini my a**
and knows a thing or three about the spirts.
jim
PS
as Trojan says "evil women drink gin"

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Most Bond geeks would argue that James Bond wore a Rolex and drank Martinis.
Not true. Some, like I, have an open mind and understand he is a fictional character. It's only in the movies that he drinks that cocktail. In the book On Her Majesties Secret Service, whilst looking for a wedding ring, he gets drunk on beer with his taxi driver.

Now I personally will drink anything from beer, through to whiskey. But I draw the line at methylated spirits and petrol.

I also understand styles change with time. Hence our favourite fictional assasin now has an Omega.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Good to see some guys drinking Woodford on here. Elijah Craig, which comes from the same distillery about 30 minutes from me, has been my favorite for the past few years.

Any of you Woodford fans that can find it, you really should try it out.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts

Hardly a fair comparison, David. Bond (Sean Connery, the only REAL Bond) was pretty cool, but Clint Eastwood - as Dirty Harry, or in the cowboy flicks - well, even with the cool gadgets Bond wouldn't have much of a chance....

As for the booze, well, I quit that a lot of years ago so that there'd be some left for you guys, so I gotta defer on that one....

And as for David Moose, anybody that can put together the motor home gag ain't no idiot. However, that reminds me of a pretty funny bumper sticker one of the guys mentioned at the poker game last week....
"Somewhere in Texas, a village is missing its idiot..." Now I don't care what your politics are, that's pretty funny....:-d

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
David --- you are a true inspiration....
I am on my way to the liquor cabinet.

Lagavulin, now that is nice stuff. My wife and i went to the distillery to pick up a couple of bottles a few years ago while diving off the island, it was like stepping into the last century. Old buildings, the slight smell of whiskey in the air mmmmm, but i digress...

Didn't Bond wear more Seikos than anything else?

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
straying from watches, but this is public forum oh man it's not it's Omega. You got a beautiful single malt, like Longmorn's my fav., why the hell would you dilute it with ice or water? Matinis I don't give a damn shaken or stirred, long as it's Bombay or Tanquerey or some equally good gin I've not had. And keep the damn olives out of it! Oily tasteless marbles. Get em on the side. (Olives are good for you.) Lemon zest is what you want. And wear a Planet Ocean when you imbibe. My recipe for a good drink!

Sean

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
straying from watches, but this is public forum oh man it's not it's Omega. You got a beautiful single malt, like Longmorn's my fav., why the hell would you dilute it with ice or water? Matinis I don't give a damn shaken or stirred, long as it's Bombay or Tanquerey or some equally good gin I've not had. And keep the damn olives out of it! Oily tasteless marbles. Get em on the side. (Olives are good for you.) Lemon zest is what you want. And wear a Planet Ocean when you imbibe. My recipe for a good drink!

Sean

Talk to the distillers, they always recommend you drink malt with a splash of water to release the flavour. Don't drink it neat, it's a concentrate don't ya know..:-!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I have had plenty of martinis wearing just a speedo, nothing wrong with that. Oh wait a minute you said Speedy Pro...never mind I guess I'm the idiot.
Is it acceptable behavior to drink a martini (shaken not stirred) while wearing a Speedy Pro, and not a Bond watch?

Yes, but, you're an idiot
No, but, you're an idiot
Doesn't matter, you're still an idiot
Does not apply, James Bond is a pussy, and drinks cool-aid

Now just don't vote and run, stay and play. Sharing is caring. David

1 - 20 of 43 Posts