WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
11,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I better get this started since I will be wearing vintage all month!!

....first up this Early 1970's Caravelle Diver...in NOS condition, just back from service. Technically it's a Caravelle Automatic Set-O-Matic Dual Day Diver.. :-d This has a 17 Jewel Cal. 1352.50 inside, which is a West German made PUW 1663S, running at 21,600 BPH. I fitted it with a rubber strap and just took the original stocking sticker off the back, it's almost 40 years old...but this is the first time it's ever been worn.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Dixi Militaria, Interarms with Valjoux 7733,
Happy holidays,

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Just put this one on...

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Jeez, Tom, that Breitling grabs me every time you post it. And you have some real photography skeelz!

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
Started this morning with the '60 Geneve caliber 562, then switched to the '66 Constellation caliber 564 on the right for work.

·
11,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New Year - Vintage Watches! This is a 1979 Timex Automatic 31311.....I found two of these NOS, unopened, in an antique shop. Originally a gift for opening an account at First Federal S&L of Rochester NY (Shop City branch) in January 1980. Don't think it's vintage? That was 31 years ago.......original strap had dried up and broke, so I added a regimental strap.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Thanks JohnnyM, it's a custom from StrapCulture. Too thick really for the watch. StrapCulture makes straps for Panerais usually.

·
11,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
'New Year - Vintage Watches', I Just finished cleaning up this Breil automatic with mechanical alarm. This uses an AS5008 alarm movement, made from 1965 to 1977. This has a second crown just for alarm setting and winding the alarm. The inner portion of the dial spins with the red arrow showing the alarm time. Lots of famous brands used the AS5008 back in the day including Certina, Sandoz, Wittnauer, Tressa, Tissot, Fortis Brainmatic and several others. This thing is huge for a vintage at 41mm.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
'New Year - Vintage Watches', I Just finished cleaning up this Breil automatic with mechanical alarm. This uses an AS5008 alarm movement, made from 1965 to 1977. This has a second crown just for alarm setting and winding the alarm. The inner portion of the dial spins with the red arrow showing the alarm time. Lots of famous brands used the AS5008 back in the day including Certina, Sandoz, Wittnauer, Tressa, Tissot, Fortis Brainmatic and several others. This thing is huge for a vintage at 41mm.

Nice.....not seen one of those before!!

Have you got a piccy of the mov't?? :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Sicura 400

Am a newbie - about 1/2 a years worth -
Don't know much, except I'm having a blast !
Oh, and my picture taking skills need to improve-
0003sicura.JPG

0004sicura.JPG

0005sicura.JPG

Attachments

·
11,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 141 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.