WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're almost at midpoint (mid-January) and it appears some folks already made some purchases for the current month and we're just getting started. This could be a spill-over from the Christmas holiday shopping spree, or pre-order merchandise are starting to come-in. Obviously, the 2010 year-end clearance and the January promotions provided the impetus for early purchases in 2011.

I fell victim last week no intentions of buying a watch, but somehow, I walked out of the store with a Fossil Maddox AM4341; nice pick-up for under $40 and already using it as one of my weekend watches.

I'm still formulating my wish list for 2011 and I have a general idea of what I want. Last year when I joined *WUS*, my purchases were all over the map. This year I want to raise the bar a little bit and intend to get some serious divers and add more watches to my military and/or aviator watches, at least for the first half of the year. I will admit that every now and then there will be a hiccup or two, and conceivably, I might have a few more impulse purchases before the year is over.:-d;-)

So, for some of you out there, please share your recent purchases (SHOW & TELL) or if you have an incoming watch that will be on your doorstep anytime soon, please tell us which watch you're adding to your 2011 arsenal.

THANK YOU in advance and Happy Hunting for the rest of the year (2011).|>

·
Registered
143 Posts
I finally squeezed the trigger and bought this from a forum member last week. It's been a dream of mine for quite some time to own an Omega.

IMG_1452.JPG IMG_1454.JPG IMG_1453.JPG IMG_1451.JPG IMG_1450.JPG

I'm not sure if I want to spend another $2K on a watch, but if I did, my next watch would be an Oris Meistertaucher regulator 44MM.

oris-divers-der-meistertaucher-regulateur-mens-watch-649-7541-7164rs.jpg

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Already two watches added this month:

One that was one my wish list for quite some time - Edox Ultra Slim Les Bémonts Hand Winding

IMG_5183.JPG

IMG_5195.JPG

An a Kinetic model from seiko that should be at my door step in a few days - SEIKO KINETIC SKA477P1

SKA477p1set.jpg

·
Registered
842 Posts
Been focusing on Vintage Chronos, and ended up with my second Omega this week, on it's way for a service and refresh:

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Will be these two this month ... a Zenith and a JLC -

·
Registered
767 Posts
I started the year with a new Omega PO XL
I've regretted letting my X-wind go ever since I sold it, so I will most likely get another one this year - preferably the rose gold limited edition

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
Arrived already: an 18K rose gold IWC caliber 89 with ribbon lugs.

Purchased but waiting: a late 50's or early 60's Longines with either a caliber 19A or 352 (I'm betting 352).

Considering: Seiko SKX175, Omega ss pie pan caliber 561, and of course the trump card (see signature).

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I really want this one but I can't decide what dial color to get.

HEY, this is MINE! LOL

You go for the black dial... Silver is mine. No touchy... :-d

·
Registered
299 Posts
About 90% sure I'll be pulling the trigger on this Hamilton Khaki Field Titanium, just haven't been able to find one to see in person yet. I have a feeling its going to stay that way so I may just buy it sight unseen:

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Bought a Helix Typhoon

Buying a Seiko SKX007 this week, I believe it's a 007, I'll find out when I have it in hand.

Expect to close a deal on a Longines Conquest VHP this month, the owner is servicing it at this time and if I like the result the deal will be struck.

That's about it for now.

Peace,
Preston

·
Registered
300 Posts
Probably getting a Seiko Spork by the end of this week....

·
Registered
387 Posts
This is what I got so far:

IMG_4519.JPG IMG_4521.JPG
(Pictures courtesy of mleok)

I also got a couple of Chinese automatics.

Hopefully there are more to come!

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Seiko 6S37 Flightmaster Chronograph - arrived today - no photos - so borrowed pic

Jaeger LeCoultre Master Compressor Chronograph - in transit - so borrowed photo

Oops just won a Seiko 6139 pulsations chrono on Ebay. I got one of these as a gift when I was a teenager and it was the first nice watch I ever had. Won't have a pic of this for a while as it will have to go out for service.

Failed twice to get a Rolex 5512, have a Accutron Astronaut lined up, and am hunting a bunch of other watches on my list for this year.

·
Registered
490 Posts
My 3 incomings so far:

Vintage Sub

Omega PO (42mm of course)

Yet to be release Christopher Ward C60 Trident GMT

On my list this year:

Glashutte Senator Sixties

Explorer I

Linde Werdeline Elemental

And if I have a good year, an Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Jumbo

·
Banned
628 Posts
Picked up/Incoming: Seiko 007/009 from one of the forum members.

Possible pickups for the rest of the year: Depending on whether I get bracelets for them (or get some cheap rubber bands for them)
1. Marina Militare (195 Homage from Jackson)
2. Marina Militare (113 Homage from Jackson) or Sterile Big Pilot from Manbushijie - About 50/50: Someone convince me

Highly Unlikely pickups:
1. Seiko Orange Monster
2. Citizen Nighthawk
3. Tissot PRC200

Attachments

·
Registered
722 Posts
The Benarus Moray II

And the Oris BC3 Advanced

1 - 20 of 29 Posts