WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have to agree. I have the Wilon as well, the Jaragar looks a bit more elegant.

·
Premium Member
23,128 Posts
I found a photo of a white dialed version of the Jaragar watch, where the finish on the dial is a bit more obvious.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Just arrived this morning so here are a few quick shots & first impressions ;-).......

The overall effect is very pretty.

The attractive blue hands are hard to see until the lighting angle is right. Case shape is similar to the large white dial model but the fake lug screwheads have been replaced with little cast 'domes'.....

.......close-up shows print bleed that, of course, isn't apparent to the naked eye.......

......very scratchy finish on the movement but it's running & keeping time ;-)

Strap & buckle are signed but the 'leather' is like vinyl :think:

Build & finish are significantly poorer quality than the large white dial model.

It's a 'cheap & cheerful' piece that looks good at first glance but don't look too closely ;-)

·
Registered
261 Posts
It's a 'cheap & cheerful' piece that looks good at first glance but don't look too closely ;-)
True, but you'll be surprised by how many people will notice it. The watch looks good, very similar to the Wilon, a may have to add one to my collection.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone. Found these posts in a Google search and register in the forum. Out of curiosity we purchased in ebay a JARAGAR because it claimed to be a tourbillion. We know that even if it is, it is a Chinese copy but wanted to own one and see it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Luxury-Swiss-...660355743&po=&ps=63&clkid=7356498489519769875

Notice that at the 6 O'clock position it says Swiss Engineer. Meaning to me that is a swiss clone to a swiss design. Have you ever heared of Swiss Engineer before?

Thanks,
Al

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
the "Swiss something" means nothing, and the sellers tend to make all sorts of claim anyway. The manufacturer could put "Swiss Cheese" on it :-d

·
Premium Member
23,128 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mleok,

This does not surprise us as the pictures of a Tourbillion are different than this.
Our intention is to open it up and take pictures of exactly what is inside.
We read this posting and thought that might be a good conclusion to it.
A set of pictures of the watch parts. Case and look are not too bad....

Al

·
Registered
3 Posts
Seele,

It means something even if is a claim of something they are trying to make..we just have to figure out what the claim is and of course we do not have to agree.....

Al

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
Seele,

It means something even if is a claim of something they are trying to make..we just have to figure out what the claim is and of course we do not have to agree.....

Al
Hi Al,

That is true enough. Still, it is not exactly scrupulously honest on their parts though.

·
Premium Member
23,128 Posts
You should also attempt to verify if the case is indeed stainless steel, the one I have appears to be some sort of chrome plated pot metal, and one could see this from the casting marks on the inner lugs.

Also, the watch in question is not a chronograph, the two subdials are a day of week, and a 12 hour indicator. I assume one of the push buttons sets the big date display, but I'm not sure about the other.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,433 Posts
Hi everyone. Found these posts in a Google search and register in the forum. Out of curiosity we purchased in ebay a JARAGAR because it claimed to be a tourbillion. We know that even if it is, it is a Chinese copy but wanted to own one and see it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Luxury-Swiss-...660355743&po=&ps=63&clkid=7356498489519769875

Notice that at the 6 O'clock position it says Swiss Engineer. Meaning to me that is a swiss clone to a swiss design. Have you ever heared of Swiss Engineer before?

Thanks,
Al
Perhaps 'Swiss Engineer' is a model name?

The movement looks like a Shanghai 2L27 or something similar. The 3 pushers (one recessed on the left side) are for the day, date and month.

As others have mentioned, this is an open heart movement, not a tourbillon. It's one of the better Chinese open-hearts, with a 10mm balance, which is unusually large for this type of layout.

This case and movement combination is also found in fake Breitlings. The bezel rotates to serve as a slide rule.

·
Registered
15 Posts
:-!I got one a couple weeks ago, I love it. $20 shipping included. About 18 hour power reserve,but is extremely accurate so far. which is about I got the day/date with seperate time zone (moves once an hour)
Things I like:
Styling, Price, Functions

Things I don't like:
Plating on the push buttons, faux leather strap stamped "genuine leather" plastic back, openheart design.
"swiss engineer" Whatever that means.

All annyoing things aside, I think I could be completely honest about these watches and still sell them for $35
I really want to start carrying these in my store. I don't have any watches, I just have rings, but I would love to be able to give my customers some really unique watches, most of them are unaware that there are watches that don't need batteries o| oh well. But I cannot find any manufacturer info anywhere. Anyone got a line on these things.

I really think they are a great deal, I have my second one on it's way, and I have an Oris and a Sea-Gull (not that they are the same quality, but the value is just as good if not better IMO)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I recently received my first Jaragar from the bay, and paid 2.98 before shipping. It appears to be an homage to an aqua terra possibly? Regardless, it does look nice in person.

However, the seconds hand stops running at times and the mechanism clearly stops through the display back. I dont know much about mechanisms but Im hopeful it just needs some be lubed or something to that effect.

Watch Analog watch Fashion accessory Watch accessory Jewellery

·
Registered
81 Posts
On the issue of those .99 cent Chinese watches automatic watches such as the Fuyates, Feidas which stop running, you'll probably find that the problem involves the watch not autowinding... the mainspring is simply running down. These are the cheapest watches of the lot, usually very large cases on the order of 43mm or so, and which seem to have the low-end Chinese standard movement with a "ventilated' rotor.

If your watch is stopping, flick it next to your ear and see if you hear the characteristic whine of a selfwinding watch as the rotor completes a good number of revolutions in a second or so. I doubt you'll hear it. On the watches with the transparent back (most have it), turn the watch edgewise and rotate the case. Bet you'll find that the rotor doesn't stay at the bottom due to gravity, but follows the rotation of the watch.

Every single sample of these watches which I've received refuse to autowind, and will stop regardless of how long the are worn on even the most active wrist. I've given a number of these watches to family and friends and they report the same problem... the watches will not autowind.

At least these watches will crown wind, which is what I must do in order to wear them.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
My pic isn't as nice as Dapper's, but I just received my white Jaragar and thought it was worth adding it to this thread as it helped me in my decision to buy the watch.

Overall very pleased with it for the money. It certainly has a nice look to it and once I'd replaced the horrible, horrible strap is fun to wear.

·
Registered
26,739 Posts

·
Registered
26,739 Posts
Reactions: Luisão

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I got this Jaragar for about $16 shipped if remember correctly. The case, dial, crystal, and strap all seem to be good quality, but it was running about 20 minutes slow per day when it arrived. Within a day it just simply stopped working. The seller sent a replacement that has been running well. It was running about +30s/day when it arrived. I adjusted it a couple of times and it now runs about +4s from morning to late night on my wrist but gains another +10s over the next 8 hours sitting face up in my drawer overnight. A good deal for the money. I might buy more of this brand.

21 - 40 of 143 Posts