·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: you can find both styles Jaragar watches here

I did a search but couldn't find much on Jaragar watches.|>
this website is showing both black face and white face styles
http://www.bonanza.com/booths/Jewels925
http://www.bonanza.com/booths/Jewels925

Jewels .925----- Famous Brand Styles and No Glue Gems Jewelry at Bonanza - Jewelry & Watches, Fashion, Ha...

looking at the pictures they seem the deal of the century

Hey I found some with white or black faces at this website
Jewels .925----- Famous Brand Styles and No Glue Gems Jewelry at Bonanza - Jewelry & Watches, Fashion, Ha...

·
Registered
320 Posts
they are a lot cheaper on the bay, ive got the rose gold mech on there and it cost me 18 not 32 quid.youve just got to look thru loads of dross on there milton to find the jaragar watches, i normally put in on the search engine that im looking for a mech for under 30quid and you get a massive list of goer,k&b, k&s and jaragar automatic watches

·
Registered
526 Posts
That's my watch & photograph ;-)

I bought the watch new about four years ago from HK. At the time, there was also a black dial version available. Having received the white one I tried to obtain the black as well but both styles disappeared - despite some searching I've not seen either offered anywhere since.
The detail and finish on the watch is excellent & it certainly has the appearance of a good quality piece. Much better than a Goer watch that I used to own.
Timekeeping & reliability have also been very good. It's one of those automatics that springs to life as soon as it's picked up no matter how long it's been lying in the box.

Two more pics....

This one shows the lovely guilloche style dial pattern.......

......'Swiss Design' on the bottom of the dial.

.......attractive rotor decoration with oddly offset pivot......

Cheers :)
is this one still available somewhere? i'd like to get my hand on one like this

·
Registered
9 Posts
is this one still available somewhere? i'd like to get my hand on one like this
I'm starting to learn with these brands that if you see it and like it - buy it. I've been debating over a certain EYKI for months, thought I'd finally treat myself, and suddenly that particular model has dropped off the radar.

·
Registered
316 Posts

You do realize that this thread has been dead for two years, right?

·
Registered
320 Posts

it obviously wasnt dead then if you had a question about it, ive had a look around vdub and i cant find that model, some similar ones but not that model

·
Registered
316 Posts

Classic Mens Black Automatic Mechanical Sub Dials Clock Date Analog Wrist Watch | eBay

A few things (I've owned two of these before, so my sample size when making assessments about this particular watch is admittedly small), in case you were unaware:

1. these are in the same category as Goer, Winner, and other cheapie Chinese brands.
2. only parts of the finish are acceptable; if you don't care about how the movement is finished, then yes, their finish is unexpectedly good (usually, but not always).
3. which brings me to the movement - these watches use the low-grade (possibly garbage-bin quality) Chinese Standard movements with a self-defeating autowinding mechanism directly attached; if one removes the autowinding mechanism from the watch, one gets a far more reliable handwinding watch.
4. they are absolutely not waterproof.
5. as to whether or not they fall apart after a certain amount of time, I've found that the ones that don't last fall apart within the first 1-3 months of regular use; the ones that last longer than that are generally, in my opinion, functional keepers.
6. the "leather" straps on these watches is crap; if you intend to keep the watch for a decent length of time, it is recommended that you change out the strap.
7. glass (both front and caseback) is mineral glass.
8. these kinds of watches are often not tagged by their "brand" name but rather by whatever crazy description their vendors decide to put on them, like "man woman automatic handwind classic luxury chronometer watch."

·
Registered
316 Posts

it would have been wiser to start a new thread; a lot of folks don't read through all posts in a thread, nor do they feel the need to pitch in on an older thread when many things may have changed between the present and when the thread was last active

·
Registered
6,869 Posts

6. the "leather" straps on these watches is crap; if you intend to keep the watch for a decent length of time, it is recommended that you change out the strap.
While I don't own any Jaragars, my experience with Fineats and $5 Chinese quartz watches tells me to beware of the springbars also. They bend easily and fail often.

8. these kinds of watches are often not tagged by their "brand" name but rather by whatever crazy description their vendors decide to put on them, like "man woman automatic handwind classic luxury chronometer watch."
Indeed. The thing to keep in mind when looking for the cheap mushroom brands is that they are far more often listed for their real or imagined attributes ("Makes you feel like NOBILITY and ROYALTY!") than their actual brand and model names. On Ebay at least, the way to find them is to search wristwatches by ascending price and start throwing out known terms you don't want to see (quartz, etc.) using minus signs in the search text. You cannot rely on them to be categorized correctly by movement, gender, etc. While a mechanical watch is unlikely to be listed as quartz, or a man's watch as a woman's, it's most likely that neither attribute has even been set. (And you'll find plenty of quartz watches classified as mechanical, so the minus sign searches are more accurate anyway.)

·
Registered
1,491 Posts

I use this search to get the Fineats/Goers/Jaragars/Orkinas/KSes of the world.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·

You do realize that this thread has been dead for two years, right?

Haha indeed. I started this thread when I began being interested in cheap watches.
I never bought a Jaragar although I did buy some other cheap Chinese watches.

Now I have a Seiko black Monster and several G-shocks. (I love G-shocks!)

·
Registered
832 Posts
it would have been wiser to start a new thread; a lot of folks don't read through all posts in a thread, nor do they feel the need to pitch in on an older thread when many things may have changed between the present and when the thread was last active
Have to respectfully disagree here... The thread was revived to ask specific followup questions, and so it seems entirely appropriate to ask here re:whether previously mentioned models are still available.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi watch peeps. I have just dived in head first and purchased a 'Jaragar PMW017', white and silver tourbillion automatic for $30 inc shipping. Of course when I say head first I did do a bit of research on reliability etc including looking on here. What I was wondering is if it was not keeping accurate time, how would you regulate it? It look on the pictures that I have sourced that there is a regulator on the top of the tourbillion? how would you get to that? does anyone know?
I am waiting for delivery as I have only just ordered it.
Thank you

Seller image
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

·
Registered
27 Posts
It is not a real tourbillion, this is called an 'open heart' watch. To adjust the regulator you would have to remove the back cover, remove the stem, take out the movement.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It is not a real tourbillion, this is called an 'open heart' watch. To adjust the regulator you would have to remove the back cover, remove the stem, take out the movement.
Thank you for the info. Just wondered just in case when I get it I may need to adjust it, hopefully not.

41 - 60 of 143 Posts