WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
141 - 143 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Well, I bought it because I was curious. But my father actually likes it, he wears it once in a while.

You know at that price that you don't buy a high quality watch. It keeps an OK time if you wear it only one day. As I said, it looks good if you don't stare at it to closely. I think these are a pretty fun choice, if you are aware of what you're buying.

Reactions: Casertano69

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I just ordered this one purely on its looks and the slide rule style bezel https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/292172119621
View attachment 13651263
I was looking at the new Dan Henry 1972, but this watch caught my eye in the "you may be interested in etc" listing on eBay and it is a tenth of the price, and maybe the quality as well ($350 versus $33), but as long as it keeps reasonable time I will be happy.
A member asked me about this watch and I wondered where I had written about it until I rediscovered this thread. These watches look nice at a glance, but use cheap construction to keep the prices low, for example those stainless steel cases are bar the caseback plated zinc alloy. Searching recently this same watch can still be bought, but they have now doubled the price! Mainly purchased to check out what you got for the money and whether it truly matched its advert photos.

See for yourselves, but my guess is once the plating wears both watch and bracelet will look very ordinary. However it gives you the look and feel that may inspire a search for a better version at many multiples of the price and with improved cosmetic and functional durability. The current advertising for this watch reveals the specs if you look closely, when I bought mine this was not stated, but I guessed as much.
Watch Finger Watch accessory Nickel Wrist
Finger Currency Coin Thumb Nickel
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Clock Silver
Font Screenshot Number Document

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
Since this post was just resurrected, Jaragar is owned by Forsining, along with Winner and T-Winner. They are the bottom end of the market for Chinese mechanical watches. Most models contain some version of Tongji (Chinese Standard Movement), and the automatics won't autowind well enough to keep the watch running overnight. I have seen a few models that use a nicer, Shanghai Watch Factory caliber. I'm not sure if they have any steel cased watches, because everything I've seen have alloy cases. With regular wear, the lifespan of these watches will usually be measured in month, not years.

141 - 143 of 143 Posts