WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Antiquorum is delighted to offer the Patek Philippe Calibre 89 from the Matsuda Collection - the world’s most complicated timepiece with a total of 33 complications - in our 35th anniversary sale on November 14th and 15th. As this extraordinary timepiece is rarely seen at auction, this is an exceptional opportunity for collectors to acquire one of the most important timepieces in existence. Only four unique models of the Calibre 89 were ever produced; one each in yellow, pink and white gold and one in platinum. The present Calibre 89 in yellow gold was previously sold by Antiquorum in our April 9, 1989 sale of “The Art of Patek Philippe” to commemorate the 150th anniversary of Patek Philippe; while the Calibre 89 in white gold was sold in our 30th anniversary sale on April 24th, 2004.

With 33 complications, 1728parts, and weight almost 3lbs, the Calibre 89 is no doubt the most complex watch in the world. It was created in 1989 to celebrate the 150th anniversary. There are only four available in platinum, white gold, rose gold and yellow gold.

Estimate: 4,500,000 – 5,500,000 CHF

Simply. The. Best. Ever.

·
Registered
416 Posts
That is simply beautiful. One of the most exquisite time pieces ever created - at almost 3 pounds it would certainly equal out the weight difference of the cash thats no longer there:-!

True watchmaking at its best

·
Registered
123 Posts
I used to have one of those. Traded it for an Orange Monster, which in retrospect was maybe a bad idea.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I used to have one of those. Traded it for an Orange Monster, which in retrospect was maybe a bad idea.
Naw, you made a good trade. That old thing weighed 3 lbs, and you couldn't wear it into the ocean. Worthless! :)

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Time to give up the Daily Beer Ration and start saving, then!

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
I used to have one, traded it for a G-Shock Frogman (brazilian Addict version) :roll:

kidding aside, that is the coolest movement ever made. ;-)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just a minor correction, there are actually 5 of these available, not 4.

The 5th has an auto LED light with Afterglow, however, it is $6.00 more.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
WOW... doesn't quite cover it.

:p

·
Registered
869 Posts
Shouldn't this be in the Affordables section :-!
MOD!!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
"A perfect machine has no moving parts" - Isaac Asimov. This thing is a failure.

(If I say this enough times I just might stop drooling.)

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Amazing! Can't even imagine the amount of engineering involved. I wonder how you set everything if it winds down! Could take days. :-d

·
Registered
965 Posts
How many people are even qualified to set that thing, much less service it?

Regards,
-Jeff

1 - 20 of 25 Posts