WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last year before I bought my GWG1000, I asked on this forum if there was a metal bracelet available for it

https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/can-you-get-bracelet-gwg-1000-mudmaster-4365698.html

There wasn’t, but my love of the watch was so great, I bought it anyway. Now, I’m not a fan of the resin strap, I have very small wrists, and just hate the ‘overhang’ they inevitably have. I coped with it for a year until recently on another post I saw a picture of my beloved GWG1000 wearing a metal bracelet. After a bit of research, I just had to have it, so I ordered the appropriate metal adapters and bracelet from jaysandkays.

After 5 days they made the journey from USA to UK. I was genuinely excited on getting the package. The adapters are just exquisite! Accurately formed with their logo engraved on the inside, and very well finished. The process to install is a breeze. Just unscrew the old strap, and fit on the adapters. The new adapters are fitted without the original ‘wings’, and there is a small washer on the 4 x original screws which become redundant. (I would advise storing them very carefully, and I just used a paperclip to thread them on for future use)

The supplied bracelet is already supplied pre fitted to the adapters. To adjust the bracelet size you simply use a ‘pin’ pusher tool which many of us will have, but I carelessly ordered another by accident on the order, but having said that, it’s excellent!

Unfortunately for me, the supplied bracelet had a couple of manufacturing issues, but I was given a refund on it, though I would much have preferred a replacement that I requested.

Worth every penny, and you can buy them here:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/609182187/jaysandkays-metal-adapters-and-bracelet?ref=search_recently_viewed-1

The GWG1000 isn’t specifically mentioned in the drop down menu, but you need the ones that are specified for the ‘9400 Rangeman’.

Because of the bracelet issue I have had, I’d now like to maintain the integrity of the G Shock brand, and am after a combo bracelet for it. However, they are classified by the watch model they are designed for, and using custom adapters this is not helpful for me! So, if anyone can advise on a combo bracelet with a straight edge and will fit a 22mm lug width, I’d much appreciate it...

P1030858.jpg

P1030873.jpg

wrist clean button.jpg

22mm lug.jpg

·
Registered
154 Posts
Sweet, will it work with the 2018 rangeman?

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet, will it work with the 2018 rangeman?
I guess you know the answer to that, yep, drop them a line - I'm sure they'll know...

·
Registered
10,492 Posts
Nice one Stephen, it looks great. |>

Reactions: StephenWatch

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I’m in for a few. Thanks for the plug! I will check with Pac Parts about some shorter bolt bars, too. Great find, indeed from a another resin-averse G fan.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
D P, sorry.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I’m not a fan of the resin strap, I have very small wrists, and just hate the ‘overhang’ they inevitably have.
This is a great alternative, but if this is your only issue with the band, why not just trip the extra bit of strap that 'overhangs"? I did that with my GXW-56 strap and fits great now.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is a great alternative, but if this is your only issue with the band, why not just trip the extra bit of strap that 'overhangs"? I did that with my GXW-56 strap and fits great now.
The end of the resin strap on a GWG1000 has a raised nub molded in so that it locks into the keeper, removing it would be self defeating, besides, cutting the strap of a £500 watch isn't all that appealing to me. Issue has been discussed to death here...

https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/solution-strap-overhang-4497583.html

Reactions: acadian

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’m in for a few. Thanks for the plug! I will check with Pac Parts about some shorter bolt bars, too. Great find, indeed from a another resin-averse G fan.
Post back here if you get further with the shorter bolt bars, especially if you can get black PVD!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
These came in the other day. Real fast too, 3 business days including shipping time. Immediately put them on my Ga700. Love the look of them and always wanted a bracelet for the larger case g’s I’ve owned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good to see unlike me, you got a bracelet that worked! Looks great...

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts