WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys !
We're very excited to share with you the images of the new Legacy Machine by MB&F.
We've kept the secret for several weeks but are finally allowed to share the videos :)

The idea of Max Büsser during the conception was "What type of watch would I have created if I was born a hundred years earlier?".
Here is the final result! This baby is the fruit of a collaboration between Büsser and watch-makers Kari Voutilainen and Jean-François Mojon.

301247_10150313254874103_77927779102_8004595_888773083_n.jpg

Here is the film we shot for the brand:
20111004_115429_MBANDF_LM1_thumb_small_0000.jpg
THEWATCHES.TV | Legacy Machine n°1

Here is our editorial film on the launch:
20111004_112558_LM1_edito_thumb_small_0000.jpg
THEWATCHES.TV | EXCLUSIVE – The LM1 – a new universe for MB&F

What do you think of the watch? Pretty amazing, right? We were quite impressed and had a great time shooting/discussing with its creators.
By the way, did you like the videos? ;)

All our best from Geneva.
Charles, for TheWatches.tv

·
Registered
561 Posts
That is a very nice piece. Very wearable too, looks like. Another win for MB&F - a bit unobtainable for most I'd imagine, but from a purely technical/artistic point of view a real beaut.

As to the video, excellent work, but WIS types are only interested in seeing the watch in closeup so you could edit out all frames not showing that!

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
WOW!! That's stunning. Didn't know MB&F made watches like this. I'm used to seeing their stuff like this.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys ! It's makes us very happy to see you enjoy our videos.
We share your enthusiasm about the design.

Remember that MB&F makes very original designs in its HM line (kind of futuristic, inspired by science fiction, planes, starwars..).
This Legacy Machine starts the HL line, which will be models as if MB&F had worked in the past (100 years ago), building what would then have been futuristic watches (inspired by what then would be science-fiction, like Jules Verne's novels for instance).
Hope this explanation makes sense to you all :)

When it comes to the price, I must confess I don't know what it'll be yet. On auction sites I've seen that previous models are being sold between 40'000 and 100'000 euros (so between 53'000 and 133'000$). I'll call the brand tomorrow to have the exact retail price, ok?

I hope you'll continue appreciating our stuff and you'll keep on sharing your opinion. Thanks again!

All our best from Geneva.
Charles, for TheWatches.tv

·
Registered
9,182 Posts
wow. that is one Astonishing Time Machine.
so Creative and there's nothing like it.! GREAT JOB. :-! :-! :-!
and Thank yo for the Videos.

Cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts