WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my X6HR has locked up on "east to south east" and wont calibrate. I switched out batts and no effect. Its on its way to the ServiCenter now.
This is the first issue after being an X6HR owner for more than 4 years now.

Thanks,
Randy

·
Registered
470 Posts
Exposure to strong magnetic fields can foul them up but they can usually be restored. I have a very, very old original HighGear on which the compass recently went Tango Uniform. It turned out to be unserviceable. :oops: The alti/baro/etc. functions all still work and I have never really warmed up to compasses without baseplates so to me it was not a big loss (YMMV). So, failures can be temporary or permanent...

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exposure to strong magnetic fields can foul them up but they can usually be restored. I have a very, very old original HighGear on which the compass recently went Tango Uniform. It turned out to be unserviceable. :oops: The alti/baro/etc. functions all still work and I have never really warmed up to compasses without baseplates so to me it was not a big loss (YMMV). So, failures can be temporary or permanent...
nuts, I hope its not permanent !

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
I have not heard of that.

But if you have sent it back, I suspect that Suunto will take care of you.

This may be a dumb question, but are you sure it wasnt a bearing lock?

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have not heard of that.

But if you have sent it back, I suspect that Suunto will take care of you.

This may be a dumb question, but are you sure it wasnt a bearing lock?
I didnt even think of that, nor know how to enable it, so prolly not, but it is still a possibility !

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
I'd think bearing-lock would be de-activated once you removed the battery, no?

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
I would think... I was just trying to consider all the possibilities.

Bottom line, its going to the spa for a repair. They will figure it out im sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts