WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
7,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks.

Just a quick history. About a month ago Jersterca asked me what I thought about sending a watch around the world, I was completely on board with it and definitely think its a great idea. Apparently this idea had been tried a couple times with the watch not making it too far. We agreed that making a list of names and crossing those names out as it came to them may be the best way to get this watch REALLY going far, I am really looking forward to see where it goes. First trip on the mailing list was your's truly in Old Bridge, NJ, and I am honored :-!

Many people think of good ol NJ where I was born and raised as a running joke (I've of course contributed to many of them ;-)) What exit are you from? New York's little red headed step child, NJ, The Garden State....sure, if your growing SMOKE STACKS :-d We are famous for bringing the series The Sopranos, Friday the 13th original movie, Clerks, Mallrats, Beautiful Mind, the new movie The Wrestler, and many great films. We also brought up Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Bruce Willis, Danny Devito, the infamous Frank Sinatra, and of course, many more....

New Jersey has also has great history. It's seen a lot of battles in the Revolutionary War as well as the Civil War. It's seen Inventor Thomas Edison, and the Industrial Revolution began in this state ending the Great Depression.

I was off yesterday for Presidents day, so my girlfriend, her kids, and myself took a nice day trip with Jersterca's watch. We had alot of fun. What better way to start a watch that is beginning it's travels by going to the place that many saw as they entered America? First trip was to see the Statue of Liberty.....These photos were not easy as I had one closeup watch, one far off Statue, and a bad photographer b-)

Here's Lady Liberty behind the place my Great Grandparents entered this country....Ellis Island: Photo zoomed in

And the watch WITH Lady Liberty while my lady held it up....

Then we took a trip over to a location Washington used to be able to see 30 miles out for some strategic planning in the Revolutionary War..... Washington Rock.

The Placque commemorating the location and it's significance

The information sign explaining it's significance along with the view.

They built a nice stone standing and walking structure back in 1912 so you could safely look out and enjoy the view....

My gal and her kiddies enjoying the excursion :)

I had a few other places in mind but I want the watch to move along and we had a lot to do....these were the main areas I wanted to get though.

Next location......

WHTSHADOW in South Carolina, a much better photographer than I, and I look forward to seeing what he comes up with :-!

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Wow!!! Jers' G is finally on its maiden voyage!!!:-!:-!:-!

Excellent images Doug!|>|>|> Can't believe Jers' G is finally starting to roam around...:-!:-!:-!

Really excited with its next stops!!:-!:-!:-!

Thanks for the trip from your end Doug.;-)|>

And.... looks like you had a grand time with the lady and the kids as well. Congrats!!:)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Great story Doug! Nice trip and a very good kick-off for the journey of this G-Shock. I hope it will let us in on the entire trip and that we will witness lots of cities and sites. :-d
Must have been a great trip with a family like that! Tell 'em Hi from Jurphaas in the Netherlands! :-!
Next stop, please!.....

·
Registered
705 Posts
Doug, great pics! Thanks for sharing! :-!

I went to Ellis Island / Statue of Liberty last summer with my family. The lines for the ferry trip was extremely long and the weather was really hot and humid, but we had a great time!

·
Registered
705 Posts
double posted... :roll:

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Awesome Doug :thanks The history and photos are great :-! btw what did the family think about this project. Mine are showing more intrest now that its going places :)

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Now the pressure is on. I have nothing like Lady Liberty, but I'll think of something...

Oh, great pictures, and your Gal is a good looker too! :-!

·
7,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow!!! Jers' G is finally on its maiden voyage!!!:-!:-!:-!

Excellent images Doug!|>|>|> Can't believe Jers' G is finally starting to roam around...:-!:-!:-!

Really excited with its next stops!!:-!:-!:-!

Thanks for the trip from your end Doug.;-)|>

And.... looks like you had a grand time with the lady and the kids as well. Congrats!!:)
Cool pics,,especially our lady liberty..Thanks for sharing,and can't wait for the next pics.
Great story Doug! Nice trip and a very good kick-off for the journey of this G-Shock. I hope it will let us in on the entire trip and that we will witness lots of cities and sites. :-d
Must have been a great trip with a family like that! Tell 'em Hi from Jurphaas in the Netherlands! :-!
Next stop, please!.....
Doug, great pics! Thanks for sharing! :-!

I went to Ellis Island / Statue of Liberty last summer with my family. The lines for the ferry trip was extremely long and the weather was really hot and humid, but we had a great time!
Awesome Doug :thanks The history and photos are great :-! btw what did the family think about this project. Mine are showing more intrest now that its going places :)
Thanks alot guys, definitely a fun project. Special thanks to Jerst for sending the watch. The kids thought I was doing something with advertising no matter how much I explained :-d. My girlfriend is very supportive of my hobby. She is intrigued with this project and is hoping as much as I do that it makes is the entire trip.

Now the pressure is on. I have nothing like Lady Liberty, but I'll think of something...

Oh, great pictures, and your Gal is a good looker too! :-!
Thanks, I wish the Lady Liberty shots came out better....was tough to get focus on something closeup and in the distance at the same time o| Somehow I get the feeling you will come up with something great ;-)

And thank you....she's a good one b-)

Looks like we're off to a good start with Doug...

...where's it off to next? b-)

Cool round trip Doug,

Isn't it an idea to archive the G-Travels in a Blog?

Cheers,

Sjors
Thanks Sjors.....blogs a good idea...what do you think Jer?

Nice work Doug :-!

You've set the bar pretty high b-)
Heh heh I am thinking this forum has some creative members, I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with on this.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Nice trip! Congrats and more luck on the voyage for the G-2210! :-!

·
Registered
7,035 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
This is a really intersting idea and is going to be fun to see the results! Since you just started out on the east coast of the US you might already have enough of that location...but I'd be glad to participate if whoevers calling the shots sees this and wants to add me to the bottom of the list. Migh be nice to end it close to where it started. I'm in the Portsmouth, Virginia...lots of history and many G's have been worn here!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts