WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i bought a sumo from a forum member a couple of weeks ago and the thing is great... I took it in to have the bracelet resized and got 2 links removed. Later that night i look over at my watch and notice one of the pins was sticking half way out of the link!..so i push it back in and carry on. Not really knowing how these pins stay in place i didn't think anything of it. The next day I pull my new Sumo from my watch box and sure enough the bracelet falls apart. I've been doing some reading on this forum and noticed that there is a pin and collar system for the sumo. So i go into my box where i kept the other 2 links and their pins and sure enough there's 2 links and 2 pins...but no collars! So since there is no collar on the pin that is falling out of my watch that's 3 collars that have gone missing!..how does that happen!

The funny thing is is that I took my Sarb035 to be resized into the same jeweler and he did a great job. There is also a pin and collar that he removed from the sarb035 and even mentioned that i don't lose the collar when he did that watch.

So wtf is going on !??!..how does he know the pin n collar system and warn me not to lose it on one watch, but manage to lose 3 collars on this watch and then put a pin in the bracelet with no collar?? Should I go back in and say something?..its been about 10 days so I doubt he'll be able to find them...

Should i order new collars?..is that even possible??..ahhh

I orderd a sawtooth rubber for my sumo so i won't be using the bracelet anyways but still! so frustrating when u have a mint sumo that is just sitting in your drawer.

·
Registered
335 Posts
The below web site is a source for replacemnt of Pins and Pipes that will help you. I got this kit to replace the pipe that I lost when I replaced the the pins on my SS Zilla to mount Walts adapters. These pipes are very easy to losse when you are working on your bracelet.
I do not own any stock in this company,just a satified customer. Good Luck! :-!

http://www.esslinger.com/watchrepairpartsbandpinandfrictionpipeassortment.aspx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.