WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it still possible to be getting 20-25% discounts off a JLC watch? I've been trying to contact dealers but none of them seem to be offering that percentage anymore. Highest I've been offered is 12%.

I'm looking to get either a JLC Master Ultra Thin Date or Moon watch.. I know the prices just went up slightly today which kind of sucks.. but I would still like to be able to find a good deal on one of these watches. If anyone knows an AD that can help me out with getting a good price for a JLC, I'd love to be able to purchase one.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Is it still possible to be getting 20-25% discounts off a JLC watch? I've been trying to contact dealers but none of them seem to be offering that percentage anymore. Highest I've been offered is 12%.

I'm looking to get either a JLC Master Ultra Thin Date or Moon watch.. I know the prices just went up slightly today which kind of sucks.. but I would still like to be able to find a good deal on one of these watches. If anyone knows an AD that can help me out with getting a good price for a JLC, I'd love to be able to purchase one.

Thanks all.
That's interesting that they raised prices in the US, because about a month ago JLC actually lowered prices in the Australian market.

Yes, 20-25% is possible (and can confirm this with recent personal experience). With that said, what you're able to negotiate is going to be dependent upon the model you're after and probably also AD's internal policies. I would think it's very doable on the MUT Date, but maybe not quite as much on the MUT Moon (at least in the Aus market, it's a much more popular watch). But in general, if it's sitting in the display case, they're going to want to move the watch.

Are you contacting AD's by phone, or physically going into the shop? I suspect you'll have more luck with the latter.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Thanks all.
Dean at Little Switzerland "duty free"
I'll get you his contact info Tuesday when I get back home.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I could never get anything close to 25% off from an AD locally in DFW even for cash. That said I don't have a relationship with any highend dealers here so maybe that will have an impact. GL getting close to 25% in the US these days.

·
Registered
41,226 Posts
"Pads" the price? I don't understand. They can't sell for more than the manufacturer's MSRP - where's the "padding"?
There was another AD down the street from us, customer was price shoping, he said he could get 30 off from them, we
offered 19 and got the sale and we explained to him that the other AD padded by 10% to think he could get 30 off.
M 'suggested' RP, it does happen; Feb. 2007.

·
Registered
240 Posts
There was another AD down the street from us, customer was price shoping, he said he could get 30 off from them, we
offered 19 and got the sale and we explained to him that the other AD padded by 10% to think he could get 30 off.
M 'suggested' RP, it does happen; Feb. 2007.
So they offer X% off a price that's above retail.... surely when it comes time to fork over the $, the buyer (who presumably knows the actual retail cost) would quickly realise the numbers don't add up? Surely the correct retail price would have to be printed on the invoice/receipt? I can see grey dealers getting away with it, but I'm stunned that any AD's would operate this way - it sounds like fraud...

·
Registered
41,226 Posts
So they offer X% off a price that's above retail.... surely when it comes time to fork over the $, the buyer (who presumably knows the actual retail cost) would quickly realise the numbers don't add up? Surely the correct retail price would have to be printed on the invoice/receipt? I can see grey dealers getting away with it, but I'm stunned that any AD's would operate this way - it sounds like fraud...
There are "slick Willies" out there that push "snake oil" on the side, you gotta do your homework, the best part, we got the
sale. Some of those "Willies" are also customers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts