WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Due to Sandy storm, my winder stopped working so i'm stuck with resetting all my watches manually and noticed something interesting with the MC.

When you move the crown to position 2 (most outward position) and turn it clockwise, it actually adjust the time backwards, it that normal? The manuals says never to turn the crown counter-clockwise, so am i suppose to adjust the day of the week if the clock rolls backward, needtheless to say the time of the day.

Thx.
Jason

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind, i remembered what's going on here. The manual means the hand shouldn't be turned counter-clockwise, but you have wind the crown counter-clock to get the hand to turn clockwise.

Side issue notice: Does the day of the week/days of the month, moonphase, not suppose to turn at 12:00am? as i'm winding it, i notice it turns close to 1am.

·
Registered
9,755 Posts
I know it is sad, but the first New Year's Eve I had my JLC Calendar was a quiet one at home with my family and I kept an eye on the dial from just before midnight to around 2am. The various complications did indeed take a while to change and not all together. I presume this is because different mechanisms are driving different complications and they cannot all operate at once, but in any case it was interesting to watch and doesn't affect me day to day because it happens whilst I am asleep.

Nigel

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was bored at work, so i sat and watch when it all the complication got unfolded (by fast forwarding the time to 9:30pm obviously):

Day of the week & Date of the month all changed at 1:45am.
Moon-phase moved at 2:05am.

Called JLC and they said as long as all the change is complete by 3am. it’s all good. Remember the 10-3am NO CHANGE rule??? That’s when all the gears are in motion, but all should finish by 3am.

Side note: has anyone gotten the SS Ultra thin Moon 39? Does the SS and white dial combination work?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Side note: has anyone gotten the SS Ultra thin Moon 39? Does the SS and white dial combination work?[/QUOTE]

I have the SS Ultra Thin moon 39. The dial is silver sunburst

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reviving the thread as i enjoyed the calendar for over the year(s), one issue came up about an month ago, which i'm not sure if it's serious or not.

Last month, i left the country for about 2 weeks on business trip, so i left the watch in the winder before i left for the trip. When i came back from the trip the watch stopped running, but the charge is full.........i rotate the watch a bit and its back to ticking. didnt give much thought at the time, but it happened again today, when i took a weekend watch to my in-laws.

for some reason i remember reading past forum that it appers to be a possible common issue...anyone recall???

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have had winding and stopping plus regulation issues as well, all after warranty JLC service and overhaul.... see the thread on JLC warranty and repair issues...third time back to JLC under warranty....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts