WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need some advice. I just purchased a 2013 JLC in perfect condition. The watch is amazing however it is running about 7 seconds a day fast. I tried different resting positions and that didn't work. Since its still under warranty I called JLC and they said there is no one in the NY NJ area that can do this. I would have to send it to Texas. Ive heard many horror stories about Richemont in Texas and really don't want to deal with that. Is there a watchmaker I can trust in the NY NJ area? I will probably void the remainder of the warranty but I'm willing to take that chance. Any help or referrals would be appreciated

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
There are a few in the area, but what bad have you heard about Texas?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are a few in the area, but what bad have you heard about Texas?
I have heard several times about gigantic wait times and inconsistent workmanship. Years ago I sent a watch there and it took 6 months to get back. I love the brand so I deal with it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yes, 7 seconds is really OK. No need for service yet. It will just cost you money and time, and the watch will arrive few seconds slow, which is way worse than +7.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I have heard several times about gigantic wait times and inconsistent workmanship. Years ago I sent a watch there and it took 6 months to get back. I love the brand so I deal with it.

Thats too bad! Agreed that 7 secs is ok, but I myself prefer a few seconds slow because each week I'll just adjust forward which I'm always more comfortable doing! Plus, being my own boss that drives to work, I don't have to worry about schedules, etc. plus, I only work 3-4 days per week, so my watches only need to be "on time" for 3-4 days out of the week!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats too bad! Agreed that 7 secs is ok, but I myself prefer a few seconds slow because each week I'll just adjust forward which I'm always more comfortable doing! Plus, being my own boss that drives to work, I don't have to worry about schedules, etc. plus, I only work 3-4 days per week, so my watches only need to be "on time" for 3-4 days out of the week!

I would be crazy if it was slow, I hate slow. Im starting to think the guy I bought it from let it sit dead for extended periods and as soon as I got it I gave it a full wind and it was fast right out of the gate. Today I didn't wear it and it was only plus 3. I hope it settles in because I'm too psycho with this stuff and if it stays plus 7 I will carefully search for a quality watchmaker and see if they can slow it up just a little. This thing is too new and too nice to be plus 7. No war I will send it to Texas for the plus 7. I am very suspicious of Richemont service.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
I had very good service with my JLC MCDC thru singapore service center. +7 is nothing to worry about. Try resting with different positions including crown right and crown left.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had very good service with my JLC MCDC thru singapore service center. +7 is nothing to worry about. Try resting with different positions including crown right and crown left.

Thats the plan. It seems face down seems to slow it down some. Im experimenting now. The good news its an amazing watch. My Daytona has been on the winder since this one came

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Thats the plan. It seems face down seems to slow it down some. Im experimenting now. The good news its an amazing watch. My Daytona has been on the winder since this one came

Post pics!

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Mechanical watches do not keep perfect time as you will be aware. You should only judge the accuracy of a watch over a medium length of time and in different positions and different levels of how wound the mainspring is. I suspect that you will find over a two week period that your watch will be within 10 to 30 seconds, which will be perfectly acceptable.

Being 'accuranal' is a disease that is worth curing.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I own a couple JLC pieces and 7 seconds seems a bit much for 24 hours. My Duomètre is pretty accurate to about a second fast/day. My Reverso is about 2-4 sec fast/day

Sent from my 16M

1 - 13 of 13 Posts