WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I went to my AD to look out at the IWC AT2000m to see if I prefer the white dial over the black...he is an extreme gentleman and carries brands such as Breguet, IWC, Cartier, Omega, Vacheron, Bell&Ross etc...

We spent at least half an hour talking dive watches and I told him that if money was no object I would love to add a JLC diving alarm...he proceeded to the display and let me handle it and try it on (I didn't even ask)..it is a very nice watch with nice weight and dimensions...

Then he also handed me a Gold Pro Geographic :-x...at which time I had to resist the urge to run out of the shop :p...hehe...it really is a wonderful piece of engineering that oozes quality.....

He then totally floored me by showing me and made me listen to a Gold cased JLC minute repeater with open dial. The price tag was 145,000 EUROS for god's sake....!? He even let me handle it...?!It truly was a nice experience albeit a painful one for my ego...hehe...

·
Registered
91 Posts
ahh all very fine watches indeed! nothing quite beats holding one in your hand though...
is this the minute repeater you were speaking of? or could you possibly find a picture of the one if not?
images.jpg
certainly made me drool the first time i saw it and would love to hold one. very unique looks though.

time to pull out the old piggy bank again eh?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ahh all very fine watches indeed! nothing quite beats holding one in your hand though...
is this the minute repeater you were speaking of? or could you possibly find a picture of the one if not?
View attachment 370114
certainly made me drool the first time i saw it and would love to hold one. very unique looks though.

time to pull out the old piggy bank again eh?
Yes that's it...the "hammers" or whatever you call them can be seen striking from under the "Torque" indicator at 4 o clock...and a small wheel rotates rapidly at 7. I think it provides the power to the hammers. Really enchanting I must say.. a truly stupendous piece of engineering...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts