WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was perusing the JLC website and noticed that they updated it with some of the new ones (the Reverso Tribute Duo and the black dial version of the Master Ultra Thin Perpetual Calendar).
However I came across one that I hadn't heard anywhere. They seem to have come out with a new dial color - a rather unusual one, looking at their current palette of colors - for their Master Ultra Thin Date (the 40mm, 7.45mm thin one).
The dial color is "SUNRAY BRUSHED". Waiting for better pics, but I think it is quite nice. If this is old news, sorry, it is new to me. :)
(don't know what is that crazy splash of color at the bottom of the picture, tbh...)

Only pic is from the JLC page for this watch: 1288430 | Master Ultra Thin Date | Watches | Jaeger-LeCoultre

Attachments

Reactions: hoppes-no9

·
Premium Member
4,039 Posts
I've not seen this one before either. In the photo, the dial looks a little bland, but given the description I suspect that it would look more dynamic in the metal and in different lighting.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Like many JLC offerings, I find it conservative, tasteful, and attractive, but not sure it's quite sexy enough to actually buy...

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Love it.

·
Banned
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Totally. I am surprised that no outlet has mentioned it. While it is only a different dial color, it is unique in the Master collection (thinking about it, I can't recall any other currently produced JLC with a dial color like this...).
When JLC and/or the specialized press will get a proper picture, I have a gut feeling that this might be quite a cool color.

·
Banned
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Banned
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here's the first live pictures of it (courtesy of Watches by SJX)... I think it looks AWESOME.

Attachments

Reactions: Virgilv

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
The color on this live pic looks better than the earlier one, though still not sure if I like it. At least it is unique & visibility is better than their usual silver hands on silver dial.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I haven't seen that rotor in Master Ultra Thin lineup before. I hope they extend it across that and the normal Master lineup eventually.

First saw it in the Geophysic True Second and thought it looked the best compared to the ones below.

jlc1.jpg

jlc2.jpg

·
Banned
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The color on this live pic looks better than the earlier one, though still not sure if I like it. At least it is unique & visibility is better than their usual silver hands on silver dial.
De gustibus non est disputandum, obviously. As you mentioned, uniqueness + visibility are two objectively undeniable positive factors.
I think personally that the sunburst dial is very tasteful and to me it looks great.

I haven't seen that rotor in Master Ultra Thin lineup before. I hope they extend it across that and the normal Master lineup eventually.

First saw it in the Geophysic True Second and thought it looked the best compared to the ones below.

View attachment 6986946

View attachment 6986962
Yes, I didn't notice that. You are right that it is a much better look. I imagine that JLC will make it widespread among collections, if they put it on this new dialed MUT date.

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
I've always like the wording "Master Control 1000 Hours" on the rotor. I believe the new rotors no longer have it and the wording is now located in a very small oval on the back bezel. However, the new rotor is a nice clean design.

It is my understanding that since the entire "Master" line (and perhaps the whole collection) goes through 1000 hours of testing, and anyone buying a JLC automatically knows this fact or will read it somewhere, that the large wording (advertising) on the rotor is unnecessary.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Not sure I like the color of the dial, it would be better if they matched the date wheel, but that is a frequent complaint for non-white or non-black dials. The lume is just right for this type of watch however.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts