WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just acquired this 9ct PW. At the moment I can't access the movement as I'm nervous about the fragility of the case, which apart from one small ding is in very good condition. It has a chamois pad inside the (thin) back plate. There's a crack to the dial and a chip at 2 too. It's on an interesting gold and silver link chain with an "HMS Boadicea" (currently the fashion is to express her name "Boudicca" - ho hum) which was I believe at the Battle of Jutland.
Russel_PW_RN-2190024.JPG

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
The case is not fragile, but has to be opened with care.
Blunt, thin tool should be fine, there are notches where they should be put.
For many cases a thin, plastic guitar pick is wonderful, but if you have a blunt-ish pocket knife it works too. Just put it in the notch and slowly pry upwards, not inwards :)

·
Banned
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Noted, thanks. I've opened lots with a variety of tools but the inner case on this one isn't obviously recessed for opening. There appear to be two pins on the case edge too - one's the setting pin but the other?
Roy

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
That looks like an amazing piece and the chain maybe even more so! Wish I could help but will just keep watching. Can't wait to learn more.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
What was the use of such button? For proper adjustment or quasi stopwatch?
I understand it wpould stop the entire watch, so it does not seem very useful, unless I don't know about the actual purpose...

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Maybe usefull for some events when one needs to last for example for 2 hours, excluding the timeouts. You set it on 12:00 and pause on timeouts, and the event is ended on 14:00
Just a cheap alternative for full blown chronograph or stopwatch. You can reset the time after event and use it as a normal watch

1 - 8 of 8 Posts