WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not wearing this today, but Just been watching a circa 1966 episode of the Avengers and managed a quick blurry shot of John Steed's watch.
Any idea what it is ? It sits on a very distinctive brown leather strap within a strap ( not a bund I think).

·
Premium Member
6,666 Posts
Re: *** Vintage WRUW March 2018***

Not wearing this today, but Just been watching a circa 1966 episode of the Avengers and managed a quick blurry shot of John Steed's watch.
Any idea what it is ? It sits on a very distinctive brown leather strap within a strap ( not a bund I think).
I remember reading an article about this once, here it is: John Steed's Fashion - Watches

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
18,016 Posts
Re: *** Vintage WRUW March 2018***

Moved from a WRUW thread. You can always create your own thread "Post New Thread" button - and in this case, it would have been most appropriate.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
John Steed's ("The Avengers") watch

I remember reading an article about this once, here it is: John Steed's Fashion - Watches
From perusing the pictures in this article, I’d say it’s an Ingersoll, probably a 7 jewel English made watch, there’s definitely a Smiths empire in there and a Certina but my money is on Ingersoll

Matt

Brought to you by HYPNOTOAD

Reactions: kazrich

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,209 Posts
Better photos of the same watch (from the link that Dan provided):

I'm going to guess Ingersoll (British, not US). Probably one of the 7 jewel models, i.e. among the last Ingersolls assembled at Ystradgynlais.

Incidentally I have exactly the same second hand on a Scottish-built 1960s Westclox.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,209 Posts
Re: John Steed's ("The Avengers") watch

Ha! Looks like we were reading each other's minds.

I see you also spotted the Smiths Empire.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: John Steed's ("The Avengers") watch

Yep , I think it is an old Ingersoll. Has anyone seen a leather strap like that before ?

Reactions: busmatt
1 - 10 of 10 Posts