WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just got my brand new BCPP date (41mm) and snapped a few pics. I've been hanging out for years in the Steinhart and Affordables forums and finally decided to step out with an Oris. I've got a few pilot watches but always wore them on a strap, they looked great but I wanted a pilot watch on a bracelet for a change. I really liked the uniqueness of the Oris with the hands, the turbine bezel, a date window and font done right and the nice red rotor caseback. I read the reviews and perused the pics for a while and eventually found what I wanted from a GM dealer. The bracelet version was actually cheaper than the fabric strap! I had to watch my costs because being from Canada I was up against a 35% exchange. This is by far the most expensive watch I've ever purchased but it was affordable to me at this time.

Just a couple of observations: pros: nice modern font
nice sized hands that reach all the way to their indicies
screw down crown
tubine bezel
see through caseback with red rotor
cons: not sure what Oris was thinking with the black seconds hand, it's invisible as is the red tip

Currently running about +2 secs. fast per day.
Thanks for having me and thanks for looking. Oh, and my apologies for popping out the crown when the second hand was over name.

Attachments

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Nice choice. Congrats on your new Oris!

·
6,644 Posts
Congrats!!! :-!

The BCPP GMT is on my short list:)

Cheers
Shannon

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
One week update!
Still very enamored with my BCPP date. Most importantly is the time-keeping accuracy, it's at +15 secs. for the week, so about 2 secs fast per day. Pretty good in my book!
Still have a minor gripe about the second hand. The red tip could have been brighter or maybe the little "airplane" tip. But I'll live with it.
The area where the bracelet meets the lugs could have been tapered instead of having the 2mm step at the sides.
The bracelet clasp sits about 2mm too high and the width might have been nicer at 22mm wide. The release on the clasp is only on one side, but no problems as yet with accidental release.
The AR coating could be better.

All in all very happy with my Pilot and with Oris.

·
Registered
242 Posts
My first Oris was (still is) a BCPP Day Date on the bracelet. I find the watch to virtually disappear on my wrist it is so comfortable. When I first got it I wondered about its weight as I had only had a couple of small, very lightweight Seiko watches for about 30 years, so having something this substantial was a minor concern. After a day, or so, it just felt totally natural.

A month after buying the BCPPDD I bought an Artix GT Chronograph on a croc strap!

·
Registered
967 Posts
Saw this at an AD and really liked it. So far I've limited my Oris purchases to divers, the Aquis and 65 40, but I've been seeing the PP pop up more and more. Might have to take a closer look...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
6,644 Posts
Nice choice! Love the ProPilot line.

My day/date says hi!

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

^^^^ looks great on the NATO :p

Cheers
Shannon

Reactions: whywhysee
1 - 20 of 20 Posts