·
Registered
16,858 Posts
don't care for some models but got this one on sale and it's a keeper
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Red

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I peeked over the sites to see what they had and this year the sales are weak weak weak. Last year for example Ashford had a 12% off coupon on top of the sale price and they had it as 7% until yesterday. There are some watches that I've seen on sale this year for hundreds less than their supposedly Black Friday price now. I think these sites are suffering due to inflation and are not willing to giveaway as much. Interestingly so, I thought the whole point was to make a sale given that the majority of these watches are old stock that was written off by someone else already. They are basically the Burlington of watches online.

·
Registered
217 Posts
One of my coworkers has an Invicta Rolex homage that I believe he paid less than $80 for... hard to argue against an automatic watch for so little money that actually runs and keeps decent time.

Reactions: Kermie

·
Registered
285 Posts
The only thing that I don't like about Invicta is the big, huge, hideous watches that they sell on TV. Yeah, your going to get real diamonds for 95% off, free shipping and a free tote bag.

However, some of their more sane watches aren't too bad. They did buy Glycine and left it alone- for now.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts

·
Registered
13,256 Posts
I posted one that had an MSRP of $9999.
Was it at least gold? Only Citizen has done that kind of range with prices under a single label at the low end (I'm aware Cartier goes from 4 digits to 8 digit prices), and they did it with an LE gold watch.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
They can only mark down this extreme if 1. They are horrible (looking) models that wouldn't be looked at twice otherwise and 2. They are cheap watches costing nothing to build in the first place.

Reactions: Pontificator

·
Registered
13,256 Posts
Here you go...https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/i-can-now-control-time.5242242/#post-52464669
Well that is quite some price inflation. Would it kill them to at least put some gold plating somewhere on it? I mean, even Grand Seiko would be hard pressed to charge that much for a basic quartz in steel with a MOP dial . . .

21 - 40 of 56 Posts