WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
16,858 Posts
Invicta did do a better job on the lug shape.

Sent using Tapatalk
Never noticed but I see what you're saying if it pertains to the slight curve on the outside of the thinner lugs. The only thing that impressed me was the less than 80 bucks that I paid for it and how well it's held up since acquisition.

·
Registered
16,858 Posts
Reactions: dbostedo

·
Registered
406 Posts
I think Invicta would be taken alot more seriously if they didn't inflate the RRP so much, instead put it at the realistic price they expect to sell it at given the components and quality.

Maybe that type of marketing works for the masses though, since they keep sticking to it.

And obviously those over the top blingy things sell. I've seen people at parties wearing big gold watches, upon inquiry all have been Invictas.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
These "on sale" pricing scams piss me off.

A co-worker was talking to me about buying a "$10,000 watch" that was currently 90 PERCENT OFF at $1,000. He thought he was getting a deal on a complete piece-of-**** watch.

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Invicta's shoddy marketing strategy is to prey on people who know nothing about watches making it look like they got a heck of a deal at 90% off an inflated retail price. Unfortunately some people who actually know about watches, including many on here, buy these mostly Chinese-made monstrosities then try to convince themselves and others they are a good value for the money. If you want to support communist China at least go to Alli Express and purchase a well-made clone.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Given that I own an 8926ob model, there are three really good things about it: the Seiko NH35a movement is a known workhorse; it has a much better bracelet than I ever expected; Amazon has a warehouse full of them, so if it ever gets damaged i can replace it for under $80.00 shipped to my door.

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
Here you go...https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/i-can-now-control-time.5242242/#post-52464669
Watch Analog watch Clock Font Rectangle

"The Exceptional taste and distinguished palette of the connoisseur will discover timeless pleasure with the Invicta Reserve Collection"

"Specifically developed for those in the know, Reserve is a reinvention of the superb to create the ultimate in horological finery"

"These timepieces represent a pinnacle in superiority for the discerning aficionado"

·
Registered
2,946 Posts

·
Registered
16,858 Posts
41 - 56 of 56 Posts