WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dear forum

i have just purchased a new jorg gray jg9800-21 . the jg9800-21 is a relatively new model from jorg gray which is an american watch maker in california . the jg9800-21 runs on a quartz swiss made ronda movement and is probably assembled in asia or china . the jg9800 series comes in about ten variations including a chronograph . my model marks time with a rotating bezel . the jg9800-21 looks refreshingly modern and sporty . it has a well built feel . this watch is definitely affordable ..... i paid way less than most discount sites online . the jg9800-21 is a lot of watch for the money . time will tell how well it holds up . i never get my watches wet even if is rated 200 meters waterproof . i have a modest collection of 17 affordable watches . one omega seamaster would cost more than my whole collection . i have enclosed a studio pic of the jg9800-21 and the specs and the link to its page at jorg gray . thanks for listening .

JorgGray | JG9800-21

jg b.JPG

jg9800-21 specs.png

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
You know, President Obama wears one?
Not that one...But a JG.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I bought a JG once...Got it, twisted the bezel ONE time, and a thin piece of metal popped out from under the bezel making it unusable. I returned it and washed my hands of the brand.

·
Premium Member
33,321 Posts
Yup, I agree, there are much better brands out there than this one, IMHO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts