WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have an Edition 1 that I’ve cherished for years and I just noticed that it has a card signed JS inside that states that it is “1/50”. I’ve always just figured that it meant that it was one of fifty that he made, but it just occurred to me that it could also mean that it is the first of fifty too. If so that would mean that it was the very first of his special editions that he ever made for sale!
Is it likely that this is indeed the first Edition 1 made and if so, does that add value? How much is one of these things worth these days in excellent condition?
Rectangle Material property Font Box Electronic device

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
The manual (stating 'Automatic 2824') and the watch don't belong together. The watch is a 'Chronograph' and can't be driven by an Automatic 2824 - but probably by a Valjoux 7750.
Show us the backside of your watch and we will tell you more................aside from answering your question about the price,

Volker

·
Registered
683 Posts
I have posted before that as I have the Automatik Platinum Edition 1 (serial number 2), I wished I had bought the "matching" Chrono, so I will be watching this with interest.

·
Premium Member
39,926 Posts
More pictures will help with responses.

·
Registered
683 Posts
It certainly looks as though your watch is genuine. It is just the paperwork/guarantee that is wrong.

·
Premium Member
6,094 Posts
I doubt there’s any skulduggery going on. It appears that either they sent the wrong authentication paperwork or the person who filled out the paperwork by hand screwed up by writing in the wrong movement number.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Finally what does kulisse mean? Google translate says it means “backdrop/scenery” or “set”, is there some colloquial meaning that Schauer is intending?

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
My interpretation is as follows:
The set (bezel and case) is always the same, the action (dial design and colour) changes ad hoc,

Volker

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi I have an Edition 1 that I’ve cherished for years and I just noticed that it has a card signed JS inside that states that it is “1/50”. I’ve always just figured that it meant that it was one of fifty that he made, but it just occurred to me that it could also mean that it is the first of fifty too. If so that would mean that it was the very first of his special editions that he ever made for sale!
Is it likely that this is indeed the first Edition 1 made and if so, does that add value? How much is one of these things worth these days in excellent condition? View attachment 16150315
does the dial say "Platinem"? instead of Platinum?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts