·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new to collecting
any thoughts on joshua & sons ?

i just purchased this watch
ive seen it priced anywhere between 189 and 499 i paid 80

its automatic with a clear crystal back to view movement 23 jewels tripple time zone

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also,

any advise or thoughts about

rousseau watches
S.U.G. watches
Bernoulli watches
romilli
magnus

up untill now i have been limited to buying fossil, guess,gruen , elgin ,dkny ect all nice enough watches but now im trying to step up my game

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
all chinese watches and none worth more than 100 bucks. most likely the same supplier and all ebay brands. sorry.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the other brands i mentioned are mushroom brands thanks for the info. however joshua & sons i dont think are a mushroom brand , since they are sold in actual physical jewelry and department stores . and their webpage does not list MSRP pricing , just info on styles.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Sorry to disapoint you! I googled them, but did not find the actual factory site. Only sellers, the watches are in most cases "reduced" 45-75%. And for that price, only the chinese can make a watch and have some profit!. But, who knows, maybe you will get meny ears of service from it! I guess most Chinese wear chinese watches..... And they are happy with them! But do not forget to check the actual time each morning against the height of the sun! (Sorry, a bad joke) I think the name is mis spelled. Should be Jon Hua & Sons! (even worse joke, double sorry!)

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
joshua and sons are a ebay brand.go take a look. they use chinese movements, chinese cases and are made in china. a mechanical watch with a buy it now price of 99.99 is a mushroom brand.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Sorry to disapoint you! I googled them, but did not find the actual factory site. Only sellers, the watches are in most cases "reduced" 45-75%. And for that price, only the chinese can make a watch and have some profit!. But, who knows, maybe you will get meny ears of service from it! I guess most Chinese wear chinese watches..... And they are happy with them! But do not forget to check the actual time each morning against the height of the sun! (Sorry, a bad joke) I think the name is mis spelled. Should be Jon Hua & Sons! (even worse joke, double sorry!)
hahahahaha - we share the same humour! I showed this post to my fiance and she said "only you would find that funny"

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
I think all we men share the same problem. The problem is that women have no humor! BTW, have you ever listened (in secret) to an all women discussion? Scary!
I just finished taking apart a chinese watch (£9.99 at Lidl in UK, approx US$ 20). Incredibly small bits and screws and such! I would love to see them being made.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
ok ok lol

not auguring with you guys, your the watch guys , like i said im just starting out.

how ever i have seen these watches in STORES like the bay , and such .
in case your not familiar to these stores they r department stores in canada, our version of the American macy's ect..

i thought mushroom and ebay brands were only sold on ebay and ONLINE

not in respected stores.

just wondering

G

·
ok ok lol

not auguring with you guys, your the watch guys , like i said im just starting out.

how ever i have seen these watches in STORES like the bay , and such .
in case your not familiar to these stores they r department stores in canada, our version of the American macy's ect..

i thought mushroom and ebay brands were only sold on ebay and ONLINE

not in respected stores.

just wondering
Have a look at millionsmart.com and you´ll find the source for lots of mushrooms.

·
Registered
534 Posts
But hey - if you get one and it works, it looks nice and is a lot of watch compared to what $80 will get you at the watch store at the mall!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts