WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to collecting
any thoughts on joshua & sons ?

i just purchased this watch
ive seen it priced anywhere between 189 and 499 i paid 80

its automatic with a clear crystal back to view movement 23 jewels tripple time zone

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also,

any advise or thoughts about

rousseau watches
S.U.G. watches
Bernoulli watches
romilli
magnus

up untill now i have been limited to buying fossil, guess,gruen , elgin ,dkny ect all nice enough watches but now im trying to step up my game

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
all chinese watches and none worth more than 100 bucks. most likely the same supplier and all ebay brands. sorry.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the other brands i mentioned are mushroom brands thanks for the info. however joshua & sons i dont think are a mushroom brand , since they are sold in actual physical jewelry and department stores . and their webpage does not list MSRP pricing , just info on styles.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Sorry to disapoint you! I googled them, but did not find the actual factory site. Only sellers, the watches are in most cases "reduced" 45-75%. And for that price, only the chinese can make a watch and have some profit!. But, who knows, maybe you will get meny ears of service from it! I guess most Chinese wear chinese watches..... And they are happy with them! But do not forget to check the actual time each morning against the height of the sun! (Sorry, a bad joke) I think the name is mis spelled. Should be Jon Hua & Sons! (even worse joke, double sorry!)

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
joshua and sons are a ebay brand.go take a look. they use chinese movements, chinese cases and are made in china. a mechanical watch with a buy it now price of 99.99 is a mushroom brand.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Sorry to disapoint you! I googled them, but did not find the actual factory site. Only sellers, the watches are in most cases "reduced" 45-75%. And for that price, only the chinese can make a watch and have some profit!. But, who knows, maybe you will get meny ears of service from it! I guess most Chinese wear chinese watches..... And they are happy with them! But do not forget to check the actual time each morning against the height of the sun! (Sorry, a bad joke) I think the name is mis spelled. Should be Jon Hua & Sons! (even worse joke, double sorry!)
hahahahaha - we share the same humour! I showed this post to my fiance and she said "only you would find that funny"

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
I think all we men share the same problem. The problem is that women have no humor! BTW, have you ever listened (in secret) to an all women discussion? Scary!
I just finished taking apart a chinese watch (£9.99 at Lidl in UK, approx US$ 20). Incredibly small bits and screws and such! I would love to see them being made.

S

·
0 Posts
http://www.ledburyresearch.com/news_17.asp

good article about bluring the lines between women's and mens watches, in with JOSHUA & SONS watches are mentioned, saying they are a British owned watch company.

still researching.... however information is not easily forthcoming
Does it make a difference if they are owned by a British company, or Swiss, or German, or Italian - they are mushroom anyway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
ok ok lol

not auguring with you guys, your the watch guys , like i said im just starting out.

how ever i have seen these watches in STORES like the bay , and such .
in case your not familiar to these stores they r department stores in canada, our version of the American macy's ect..

i thought mushroom and ebay brands were only sold on ebay and ONLINE

not in respected stores.

just wondering

S

·
0 Posts
ok ok lol

not auguring with you guys, your the watch guys , like i said im just starting out.

how ever i have seen these watches in STORES like the bay , and such .
in case your not familiar to these stores they r department stores in canada, our version of the American macy's ect..

i thought mushroom and ebay brands were only sold on ebay and ONLINE

not in respected stores.

just wondering
Have a look at millionsmart.com and you´ll find the source for lots of mushrooms.

·
Registered
534 Posts
But hey - if you get one and it works, it looks nice and is a lot of watch compared to what $80 will get you at the watch store at the mall!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts