• JP2000

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • SKX007

Votes: 32 76.2%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,817 Posts
Seiko just because i dont know what the hell that thing on the left of the citizen is!

Plus that ooold school digital display screams cheap. cheep cheep! :)

·
Registered
827 Posts
These two watches aren't really comparable. For starters, the Citizen is a quartz, while the Seiko's an auto. But the bigger picture is that the JP2000 is a much more serious specialized piece packed with features only a diver would use such as:

Underwater Depth Display Down to 260 Feet - 80 m.
Depth Memory for Last Dive.
Auto Dive Time Memory for Last Dive. Dive Time Alarm (5-60 min).
Dive Meter - Tell depth (3 FT - 268 FT).
Depth alarm.
Dive time alarm.
Maximum depth indicator.
Dive time.
Rapid ascent warning.

So it's all a matter of what you plan to use the watch for. If you're a regular diver, then the Citizen is the obvious choice. For casual use, go for the 007 which is a classic, timeless piece.

·
Registered
87 Posts
It depends. If it is going to be a primary diving watch, used frequently, the Citizen.
If it is going to be used daily watch, the Seiko is more flexible to wear (from jeans to wet suit). Its use is more flexible if you get a diving computer and use it as a backup. That is, more watches!

For me, the SKX007

Cheers.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Take the Seiko - since for diving you have a dive computer anyway, right? That the Seiko is an Automatic is for me a plus as well. Design wise it looks on my opinion clearer and therfore it is an every-day-watch as well!

·
Registered
408 Posts
The Seiko for me. Why? Because I've never liked the styling of those Citizen's. I want them to come out with something that actually looks good with the same features...There is the 20th anniversary one, but it's a completely different watch. Something similar would be cool. The buttons on the Citizen look like something of an old Casio. The Seiko is awesome. (this is coming from a person that dives.)

Either way, despite my dislike, they really are nice watches. Seen the Citizen in person and it's built really nicely, IMHO.

·
Registered
801 Posts
It's a toss up for me - I have a 007 and it is absolutely classic, and I prefer autos over quartz - but, there is something cool about the toolish utility of the Citizen - you should get both, of course.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
For this choice I'll take the Seiko.

·
G-Shock Mod
14,039 Posts
JP2000 for me, cause i can't live without hand winding movement anymore

but if this is going to be my one and only watch and i am going to wear it 24/7, then i would go with Seiko 007 instead :-d

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
My 007 has logged more dive time than any of my other watches. I'd pick it over almost any dive watch for expendable reliability.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts