WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm looking for a bit of advice adjusting my jubilee bracelet (DJ36).

In it's current position it is too loose, if I micro adjust the clasp by one it is too tight. If I take a link out and put the micro adjust on the largest setting it is still too tight.

How do I get that sweet spot?!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I wear Rolex bracelets including Jubilees on the loose side ABOVE the wrist-bone-knuckle.....
It generally stays in place.
When things warm up I flip the extension link open.
Nothing worse than a snug watch....
DISCLAIMER - I am NOT the Bass Player for Pink Floyd

Pink-Floyd.jpg

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
heres an idea.... shifting a link form one side of the bracelet to another can change the way it sits on the underside of you wrist and adjust the relative tightness/ how it feels on wrist.

with my explorer moving one link made the clasp a little less centered but it sat better on my wrist allowing the previously too tight / easy link closed position to fit perfectly when my wrist is cold. In hot weather or when playing sport I open the easy link and while its technically too loose the heat/humisity keeps it in place and its perfect.

when the AD centered the clasp for me after the initial fitting they moved a link from 6 side to twelve side and it just never set as well.
your wist shape may make a difference?

·
Registered
18,350 Posts
The links on a jubilee are like half links on an oyster bracelet. Shouldn’t be too hard to get the right fit. I recall Sportura and Hamstur posting some pictures previously on sizing the bracelets.

What’s hard to tell from your one picture is how it sits on your wrist. Would be really helpful if you posted a wrist shot from a side angle that shows how the bracelet goes round your wrist.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
So much for the new bracelets...
The new 6 digit bracelets are far more superior than the 5 hands down. No hollow links, easy link, glidelock, SEL. Just because someone isn't getting the right fit doesn't mean they are inferior. The 5 digit bracelets were always too long (minimum 5 links on the 6 o'clock side) and were unbalanced with smaller wrists. Yes, even with a 36mm DJ or Explorer given the short L2L.

OP maybe it should be a bit loose if your wrist compresses and tighter when it expands but then you can use the easy link if it does. Just a suggestion. I find the jubilee bracelets fit very well given the smaller links and the micro adjustments.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts