WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone offer any feedback on the new style Jubilee bracelet? How does it compare vs. the old one, and how is the weight in comparison, as well as the heft of the overall watch. I am looking to pick up a 116201/w new Jubilee, and was looking for feedback from current owners.
ANy info is helpful...:)

·
Registered
891 Posts

I got you 4 simple pics for you to compare. The new bracelet is a bit thicker and definately a weeeee bit heavier. The claps is abit thicker as you can see and the back of the bracelet which is the part the contacts with your hand is also different. Hope this helps. Just changed my bracelet a few weeks ago after the old one was used for 40 yrs. :gold

So I guess I will change it in another 40 yrs!...hahaha

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Darkangel,
Great pics and comparison. The one I am looking at is the newest style with the hidden clasp and SEL. That definitely looks like a HUGE improvement over the old one.
Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Oh...u didnt specify which u were looking for. Hahaha...anyway NO PROBLEM.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The new bracelet is much better than then old. Heavier with the hidden clasp. Yum. Also the SEL is a plus, does not rattle anymore.

But the best reason is it hopfully cured the dreaded problem of stretch as the links are solid. Sure there will always be some stretch but not like before. And the clasp is not solid SS not the stamped metal like the old ones.

I love looning at the hidden clasp on mine. The way the links come together is great.

Not sure I like all the changes made to the DJ, the old style of the case design is a beauty. But evolution, the new DJ improvements were well thought out and very well done.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, Mr.K. My hope is that it will be as solid as the new oyster bracelet. I have an "F" DJ that rattles way too much for my tastes. I gladly welcome SEL and improved clasp. The only thing I am not crazy about is the ROLEX engraving inside the case, but that is not DJ specific.
Happy New Year!

·
Registered
35 Posts
You will love the new Jubilee with the hidden clasp! I have a new TT Datejust with it. Other then the fact that a Rolex is a nice and solid feel on the wrist the new Jubilee can barely be felt. If I didn't want to change the standard look I would put one on my GMT Master II also.

Happy New Year to the Watch lovers of the world!!
ant-man

ps My wife bought me the ss GMT Master for Christmas! I think I'll keep her.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts