WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello people. So i picked up this Real old vintage Automatic Jules Jurgensen at an antique store. I got it since I had heard about them and I like to collect vintage watches. I didn't find too much information on the company, but its a Swiss watch company discontinued long time ago. Anyways I had bought the watch and it was still telling time and it works perfectly fine. Its very accurate still and keeps time. I opened up the watch back to see if it is authentic and it is,*( I hope). You can see in the pictures below. I had polished the case nicely and cleaned the crystal up a bit. I also replaced the original steel bracelet which was bad, with a nice black leather strap :) So I would like to know what you guys think. Also some more info on this company would be fantastic.Do you think it carries value? Also what year could it be from? Thanks! pic 2.jpg pic 3.jpg pic 4.jpg pic 5.jpg pic 6.jpg pic 7.jpg pic 8.jpg pic one.jpg

·
Registered
13,428 Posts
Re: What is this Jules Jurgensen wristwatch worth?

Hi and welcome
Not my 'cup of tea'. But its a good manufacturer, so if you like it. No issue
adam

·
Registered
18,167 Posts

The branding is now used on Asian watches. I assume rights to the name were sold to someone not mentioned in any of the histories I have seen on the .net...

The vintage ones are usually nice Swiss ebauches.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts

Interestingly, Jurgensen is one of those brands which is better known, collected and more higher valued in the USA than in Europe… Funny how some brands really connect to certain countries/regions, but you really don't see many Jurgensens in the UK.

·
Registered
179 Posts

Your watch is from 70s retro era. IMO the leather belt doesn't quite compliment the watch. What's wrong with your steel bracelet? Can you post a photo of it?

·
Banned
133 Posts

The Manufacturing rights and company was sold in (1975 ) to ... ( Seagull ) , and they still make them like the originals was.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts

Although - obviously - with a Chinese movement, rather than the Swiss ETA movement shown, so not '…like the originals was…'

The Manufacturing rights and company was sold in (1975 ) to ... ( Seagull ) , and they still make them like the originals was.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts