WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
35mm Orefa from the 1950s, possibly by Dreffa of Switzerland and, if so, a fine piece of cross-border collaboration with a French movement in a Swiss watch.

The movement’s base calibre is a hand-winding Lorsa 237B, on to which their chunky self-winding module was then bolted with the jewel count in today’s example now raised to 19 and the whole contraption secured in place by a wire spring movement holder in a Heath Robinson-ish kind of way. However, I have read of a German-made Anker driven by a 21j version of the Jeambrun 23D with the same Lorsa auto module attached, perhaps suggesting better commercial success for this oddity than I had imagined.

Regards.

Attachments

·
Registered
651 Posts
35mm Orefa from the 1950s, possibly by Dreffa of Switzerland and, if so, a fine piece of cross-border collaboration with a French movement in a Swiss watch.

The movement’s base calibre is a hand-winding Lorsa 237B, on to which their chunky self-winding module was then bolted with the jewel count in today’s example now raised to 19 and the whole contraption secured in place by a wire spring movement holder in a Heath Robinson-ish kind of way. However, I have read of a German-made Anker driven by a 21j version of the Jeambrun 23D with the same Lorsa auto module attached, perhaps suggesting better commercial success for this oddity than I had imagined.

Regards.
Thanks for the history lesson, balaton. I always appreciate it when someone gives more than just the pic!

·
Registered
677 Posts
SAM_1818.JPG SAM_1822.JPG SAM_1819.JPG

I came across this bracelet, from whence I know not but I thought I'd slap it on the old Mido, seeing's how I was holding them both, and I must say I like the look and the feel.
Perusing closer I saw that the watch face is marked "Made in Switzerland" as opposed to "Swiss Made". I can't say that I have noticed this before on a watch. Should I have done?
Is it significant?

1 - 20 of 245 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.