WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,
I was a local store months ago and picked up a Junghans Max Bill. I was merely browsing and didn't know anything about the brand, but I recall really liking the clean look of it.
Now I'm in the market for a dress watch and I'm leaning towards the purist look of the Junghans Meister Chronometre.

I can't seem to find much information on the internet or WUS other than the fact Junghans is Germany's largest watch manufacturer. Now I'm sure that speaks to their quality; however, does anyone on this forum have hands-on experience with their watches?

The Meister Chronometre is on par with some Nomos models I've also been looking it. Something about the Junghans really jumps out at me though...

Thank you all!
Mike

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,695 Posts
As good as Max Bill by Junghans are, due to the in-house movement of NOMOS I would not rate the Junghans to be on par with Nomos. But that's just me.

Btw: Doing a search here on WUS will lead you to a lot of threads on Junghans, a lot of happy campers here.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ...
I really like the in-house movements and display backs on the Nomos. However, the only thing that is making hesitant on the Nomos is the lug-to-lug length - it seems like the lugs really stick out on them, making it wear larger than it is.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the meister chronoscope in the post so cannot comment on it just yet but am very much looking forward to its arrival. Another member posted about it on here not so long ago - his full and very comprehensive review can be found here if thats any help to you - Junghans Meister Chronoscope Review – [ frasermade ]

I too would love a Nomos, although they are slightly out of my price range currently. The metro in particular excites me, and features their new in house escapement which was only previously found on the top of the range lamda line c13k!

·
Banned
253 Posts
No experience, but I recently decided that I need this in my life...whenever I can afford it...
JUNGHANS_MEISTER_TELEMETER_4.jpg

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very sharp... I really like the bracelets they use on their watches too. The shorter lug to lug length suits my smaller wrists.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts