WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given a box of old watches by a business associate Who had them for years. He knew I was starting to repair watches and thought that it might be good practice to work on them. The box was mostly low end watches and most were pretty beat up. I was able to salvage this Lucien Piccard caliber 48 watch with a brushed square case and beautiful light robins egg blue dial. It appears moisture got underneath the pallet fork and rusted the pivot. I managed to find a donor movement and got it running. Very thin watch. I am fairly certain I am going to lose this one to my wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
The stainless cased one in the lower left corner looks like it may be a better one. Along with the half hidden central sec copper dial one.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like that broad arrow diver!

It is a Dorset. Unfortunately it has some corrosion on the dial. But the dial has a great starburst pattern to it. I also cannot get the back open. I think it might have a 8021N type movement.

·
Registered
658 Posts
It is a Dorset. Unfortunately it has some corrosion on the dial. But the dial has a great starburst pattern to it. I also cannot get the back open. I think it might have a 8021N type movement.

That would be a fun one to bring back to life.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That would be a fun one to bring back to life.

Kurt if you’re up for the challenge, PM me with your address and I’ll send it to you. The only thing I ask is that you send me pictures of the finished restoration.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The stainless cased one in the lower left corner looks like it may be a better one. Along with the half hidden central sec copper dial one.
Here are the watches. A little bit of everything. Bulova Ambassador, Mathey Tissot, Omega, Geneve, Dorset, Benrus, Gotham, Lucern, Medana, Waltham and a bunch of odd names. Anyone see any watches they want for parts let me know. By the way the copper dial one Sindaco.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Kurt if you’re up for the challenge, PM me with your address and I’ll send it to you. The only thing I ask is that you send me pictures of the finished restoration.

That is very generous. I have a soft spot for these old divers. PM inbound.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Nice post! I wish I had friends who gave me boxes of old watches.

·
Registered
38,774 Posts
The line in the logo is straight under the name, that's a latter look, mine is a wave.
I think it’s a decade earlier. The size and the styling makes me think that and I believe the movement dates from the 1960s.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Nice pile of watches.

If I recall that Bulova Ambassador might be a 30 jewel watch with a micro-rotor. They are a sought after watch. That would be worth fixing up.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice pile of watches.

If I recall that Bulova Ambassador might be a 30 jewel watch with a micro-rotor. They are a sought after watch. That would be worth fixing up.
Yes it is the micro rotor movement. It is complete but needs a cleaning. I’ll wait till I get a little more accomplished at fixing watches.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts