WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know several of you here probably have these catalogs. I wanted to put it out there that anyone needing case parts info can ask (perhaps at this thread if allowed - sticky at top of forum perhaps?) and I will (and anyone else, feel free to assist) look the info up and provide it back in the thread. The case parts catalogs (I have the '74 and a later supplement '76 I think) provide parts numbers for crystals, crowns, movement rings, etc.

Eric

·
Banned
4,045 Posts

·
1,296 Posts
I've got a lot of Technical Letters as well as House Letters that I need to scan and upload. The House Letters typically weren't distributed to the field.
Samantha

·
Registered
551 Posts
Maybe one of you could help me out with this 1977 LCD Bulova. It has a button missing. It's the one on the side with the flush button that's used to set it. There's a piece of paper on the movement that reads Bulova 3036.10. Inside the case back there's a stamped number N-158 and an inked number that looks like *798 or #798. It's a little smeared. If you could come up with a part number it would be a great help. Thank you.
1977BulovaLCDF-06Feb2017.jpg

1977BulovaLCDM-06Feb2016.jpg

1977BulovaLCDIB-06Feb2016.jpg

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
My supplement #1 catalog (1979) had the info.

Display button - DBN158Y Light button - same as Display part #. Setting button - SBN109Y.

Edited to add: That's the correct movement for the case. Crystal # is N155 / Gasket is G830

Bobbee and Samantha, that's great. The more info the better.

Eric

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for that info regarding the # with the asterik Samantha. I saw you wrote that once before and it's an interesting fact to know.

Eric

·
Banned
4,045 Posts

·
3,051 Posts
Just received a 1980 Caravelle digital I purchased on the big auction site for very cheap.

Pretty advanced for the era; Chronograph, two time zones, loud alarm, light (as dim as I remember), calendar, etc.

Unfortunately, the crystal has had it. A couple of big cracks and a missing chunk. Now I am on the hunt for a replacement crystal or an entire case.

Any info available on this?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Sorry I took so long to respond Matlobi. Sorry, my ABC case parts catalogs only date to 1979, so it wouldn't cover your timepiece. In addition, do you have a case style number? That needs to be provided for me to search. The # 114 with the asterik next to it was explained by Samantha in a previous, very helpful post, "The stamped number is from when it was serviced at one of Bulova's old Service Centers. The * means that it was serviced post warranty."

Eric

·
3,051 Posts
Sorry I took so long to respond Matlobi. Sorry, my ABC case parts catalogs only date to 1979, so it wouldn't cover your timepiece. In addition, do you have a case style number? That needs to be provided for me to search. The # 114 with the asterik next to it was explained by Samantha in a previous, very helpful post, "The stamped number is from when it was serviced at one of Bulova's old Service Centers. The * means that it was serviced post warranty."

Eric
Thanks, Eric.

I couldn't find a case number anywhere on the watch, so I'm guessing I'm out of luck.

I'll keep looking on Ebay (any other sites I should be aware of?) for a similar watch. If I don't find anything, I won't be too disappointed. The used and abused look of this one is kind of growing on me.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Maybe one of you could help me out with this 1977 LCD Bulova. It has a button missing. It's the one on the side with the flush button that's used to set it. There's a piece of paper on the movement that reads Bulova 3036.10. Inside the case back there's a stamped number N-158 and an inked number that looks like *798 or #798. It's a little smeared. If you could come up with a part number it would be a great help. Thank you.
View attachment 6969402

View attachment 6969418

View attachment 6969426
Addictedtowatches was very kind and gave me a parts watch he had with the buttons still in it. I've been trying to figure out how to remove one and put it in mine. It appears to me that these are pressed into the case and that a tool like this is required to remove and replace them.
PusherTool-02Mar2016.JPG

I can't justify buying one of these tools to fix this one watch. Am I correct that these are pressed in? If so, does anyone know of a cheaper alternative for doing this job?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Addictedtowatches was very kind and gave me a parts watch he had with the buttons still in it. I've been trying to figure out how to remove one and put it in mine. It appears to me that these are pressed into the case and that a tool like this is required to remove and replace them.
View attachment 7286002
?
I'll bump you as I too would like to know if there's an alternative method for these buttons.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I dont know if this is the place to be asking and I am new here so take it easy on me. I recently bought a Caravelle watch marked N2 on the caseback so produced in 1972, it has a 11DP movement inside with numbers "2869" and "8-2' printed on the inside of the caseback. The crystal is badly cracked and I need to source a replacement, could someone with the ABC case parts book look up the crystal number for me?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Velowatches - the catalog shows the following:

2869 - (color) W, i.e., stainless (Brand) Caravelle (Caliber) 11DP (Crystal) 1076-8 (Crown) 51PW (Gasket) G763 (Movement ring) MR417

Eric

1 - 20 of 38 Posts