·
Registered
851 Posts
Very nice pocket watch!!!

Reactions: DCBman

·
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. It's not much, but it keeps pretty darn good time. I don't think I paid very much for it. More of a novelty I guess, for my incurable fascination with things that go tick-tock.

·
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doesn't really have to have any exotic specs because it's in your pocket. Just needs to keep good time, and this one does. Probably wouldn't have passed muster back in the 1880's for a train conductor, but I'll actually bet it keeps better time. I'd love to get one of the old Hamiltons (I think that was the great RR brand, wasn't it?), but in the mean time I'll know what time it is! LOL!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Thanks. It's not much, but it keeps pretty darn good time. I don't think I paid very much for it. More of a novelty I guess, for my incurable fascination with things that go tick-tock.
This little Critter has a quartz movement, and even entry-level devices of this sort seem to run to within a few minutes / per year.

There's a pretty good chance that this one's battery is ready to be replaced, something I'd do sooner than later: even though the watch's still running, leaking batteries can and do happen, and a little maintenance now may save your Gotham for later.

Michael.

·
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This little Critter has a quartz movement, and even entry-level devices of this sort seem to run to within a few minutes / per year.

There's a pretty good chance that this one's battery is ready to be replaced, something I'd do sooner than later: even though the watch's still running, leaking batteries can and do happen, and a little maintenance now may save your Gotham for later.

Michael.
Exactly what I did yesterday afternoon! Thanks!
Duracell 377. Tiny little bugger. Had to get the tweezers out for that little bad boy.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Doesn't really have to have any exotic specs because it's in your pocket. Just needs to keep good time, and this one does. Probably wouldn't have passed muster back in the 1880's for a train conductor, but I'll actually bet it keeps better time. I'd love to get one of the old Hamiltons (I think that was the great RR brand, wasn't it?), but in the mean time I'll know what time it is! LOL!
You can find a really nice, complete well-running 16 size RR-Grade Hamilton for about the same price as the least-expensive, Apple iPad. The 992 is a fine watch, as are many other, less well known Hamilton Grades. The 992 was the most widely used 16 size RR Grade, and quite a few are still out there, and in fine condition.

Feel free to contact me if you're thinking of a Hamilton, and would like a 2nd opinion!

Michael.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts