WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:)Today is the 1st anniversary of me timing the Crono Avenger M-1 that I got in 2002 :-!.

It is sooooo acurate, it serves it's purpose as an everday wear - under water, whacking the Mrs Portzed on the head whilst alseep at night:rodekaart always forgetting to take it orf, in the city, in the pub, on the mountain bike (although the rubbing of the buttons against the wrist leaves a nice mark) :-(.

365 days ago it was set in time (UK time signal) and exactly at noon today it was 1 second slow.

Tsk Tsk do you reckon I can get my money back;-)

·
Registered
100 Posts
:)Today is the 1st anniversary of me timing the Crono Avenger M-1 that I got in 2002 :-!.

It is sooooo acurate, it serves it's purpose as an everday wear - under water, whacking the Mrs Portzed on the head whilst alseep at night:rodekaart always forgetting to take it orf, in the city, in the pub, on the mountain bike (although the rubbing of the buttons against the wrist leaves a nice mark) :-(.

365 days ago it was set in time (UK time signal) and exactly at noon today it was 1 second slow.

Tsk Tsk do you reckon I can get my money back;-)
dear portzed,
do you reckon i can get my money back? answer: no, but i think you should buy another breitling, but this time, another model and do the same test again.b-)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dear portzed,
do you reckon i can get my money back? answer: no, but i think you should buy another breitling again.b-)
Oh alright then:-!, can I quote your wise words when Mrs Portzed says " just how many blinkin' watches does a bloke need these days":think:

Answer being ......"just enuff;-) I may mislay one or two around the house"....as you do....so to have a couple of back ups is a good thingb-)

Dunno if it will cut the mustard:-(

Worth a try I figure:-!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Oh alright then:-!, can I quote your wise words when Mrs Portzed says " just how many blinkin' watches does a bloke need these days":think:

Answer being ......"just enuff;-) I may mislay one or two around the house"....as you do....so to have a couple of back ups is a good thingb-)

Dunno if it will cut the mustard:-(

Worth a try I figure:-!
dear portzed,
next time, you should try to test an automatic movement because a quartz is more accurate than an automatic. if it turns out one second a year, that would be very impressive.:-!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dear portzed,
next time, you should try to test an automatic movement because a quartz is more accurate than an automatic. if it turns out one second a year, that would be very impressive.:-!
I do believe that there is a calling towards a Navitimer or similar in my head:-!............honest Officer it's the voices inside my head:think:

Help....I'm on the road to ruin!....not really, just got to keep the Mrs Portzed away from this site;-)

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Help....I'm on the road to ruin!....not really, just got to keep the Mrs Portzed away from this site;-)
:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d

I set my newly acquired (pre-owned) B1 to a time signal when i got it. i'm going to see how it stands up over 6 & 12 months.

Any time loss worse than 1 second would be a good reason to explain to the wife that i need a new watch.............wouldn't it?;-)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, deffo need another B against which to benchmark.....it say's this in the definative guide to Breitling ownership.......honest Guv;-)

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Yep, deffo need another B against which to benchmark.....it say's this in the definative guide to Breitling ownership.......honest Guv;-)
I just reset my B-1 for the time cahnge over the weekend.
I was off ~ 20sec. That's an old A68 movement

1 - 8 of 8 Posts