WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Casio has made a GPS model, and they make a woldtime feature. My thought is to combine the WT feature and GPS so that the watch will know when you change timezones and switch accordingly (maybe a home site that always can be switched to would be useful too). Could also be used to know the exact time for tides, sunrise/set, and lunar phases easily enough for your exact location.

Also was thinking how cool would it be if the new Fogman design would come with it's own dive kit that would allow the user to exchange a bracelet or strap with an accompaning tool.

Just some thoughts... :)

Kev

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you put a dive kit with a new frogman
that would just put the watch to such a high price know one would be able to afford it
let alone want to wear it out lol
just my thoughts
I was thinking along the lines of a DW-5000 I have that has a steel case and also comes with metal bracelet-which can be swapped for a reg. G strap. A nice spring bar tool wouldn't be that much to do or make it with dilled lugs somehow. :p Love them drilled lugs... :) I figure roughly another 10,000 yen extra for the full kit and standad pice fo the new Froggie (whatever design it'll be)

Ke

·
Registered
233 Posts
I know Casio has made a GPS model, and they make a woldtime feature. My thought is to combine the WT feature and GPS so that the watch will know when you change timezones and switch accordingly (maybe a home site that always can be switched to would be useful too). Could also be used to know the exact time for tides, sunrise/set, and lunar phases easily enough for your exact location.

Also was thinking how cool would it be if the new Fogman design would come with it's own dive kit that would allow the user to exchange a bracelet or strap with an accompaning tool.

Just some thoughts... :)

Kev

That would be a good feature.

I think we could fill volumes with our ideas of how a digital watch should be designed.

As it stands, however, Casio hasn't even mastered a > 1 hr countdown timer on an atomic model.

So I won't be holding my breath on this GPS-Worldtime idea.

Happy New Year.

·
Registered
126 Posts

Kev
I'm thinking about the possible price for a watch like this. In Europe the official price of the new Casio GPS is in the range of 450-500 Euro, that is really too much for me. Anyway, your idea is cool:-! , mainly if you think that the features you describe could be used in some type of professional use.

Regards
JK

1 - 7 of 7 Posts