WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It goes perfect with that camo print Disco, that frog should be standard issue in the navy. I would love a jacket in that print one day, to wear with my military frog!
Well we also have a Goretex Jacket we wear with these uniforms. Let me know if you're interested and I can get you one. Looks like this.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Disco, that would be awesome, I have a sand camo one I got at fort lee in Virginia, a friend of mine was in the army. But I actually like the colors of the navy one, even more. Very cool, just tell me how.

Well we also have a Goretex Jacket we wear with these uniforms. Let me know if you're interested and I can get you one. Looks like this.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
boy, am I so glad that our military men and women can afford frogman watches and rayban sunglasses

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I love camo's, and I sure would love to have that jacket in small or extra small, but it would be expensive to ship to Canada

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
boy, am I so glad that our military men and women can afford frogman watches and rayban sunglasses
I'm not sure how I'm supposed to take that... If you're saying we get paid too much then you're wrong. And who is supposed to be able to afford a Frogman or a pair of Rayban sunglasses (the ones In the pic are Maui Jim's). I don't think it matters what you do for a living, it's all about how you manage your money.

Well the longer you're in (and the more you put on rank) the more money you make. Ill have 20 years in this December. When I joined the Navy back in 1993 I remember getting paychecks that were only about 400 dollars, and that was for two weeks. Also, I've been on deployments where I worked 200 days straight, 18 hours a day, and didn't get paid a dime extra. And we don't get paid THAT much. Nobody I serve with does it for the money either.

·
Registered
74 Posts
........Nobody I serve with does it for the money either.
:-! Thanks for your service. I personally don't think any branch of our military gets paid enough for the sacrifices that are made on your behalf. I'm sure there is "top brass" that make a great living but like you said, time put in and money management are key to making it.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:-! Thanks for your service. I personally don't think any branch of our military gets paid enough for the sacrifices that are made on your behalf. I'm sure there is "top brass" that make a great living but like you said, time put in and money management are key to making it.
Much appreciated! And no thanks necessary. I think those of us that stick with it for a career do it for lots of reasons.... Patriotism mostly, but I think that we get so used to the structure aspect of it that nothing else makes sense to us.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I say thanks too disco, if you make enough for raybans and a frog, it's still not enough.

Too many of us take for granted what you protect for us with your sacrifices!

Thanks again for your service!

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
I'm in no way interested in Frogman G's, but that specific model matches very well with your Navy uniform and the pics look stunning, congratulations :-!

Your Goretex is particular interesting to me, since I'm a sucker for camouflages. It looks a lot like AT-Digital but with better shades of grey (no pun intended ;-)) and judging by the pic also with light brown (beige?) which makes it certainly more effective for urban settings than AT-Digital (not that this camo is bad for that purpose, but still...)

cheers

1 - 20 of 26 Posts