WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,

So I had been looking at this one for a while and finally pulled the trigger when I got the AD to $1750. The Oris Aquis Great Barrier Reef LE 2. It's 46mm and stunning. The bracelet is oh so comfortable which is the only way I wear my watches. The dial is listed as blue but it most of the time looks glossy black or a very deep navy blue. I love the inner circle on the dial for the day feature. Then of course the date at 6. I've never seen a set up like this which was a major selling point to me. Here are some pics as I am super stoked over this piece. What do you guys think of it?

Attachments

·
6,602 Posts
Congrats!!! Looks good on the wrist:-!

Cheers
Shannon

·
Banned
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's a few more shots. You can really see the AR coating on the wrist shot. The dial is quite unique. I know it's listed as blue but if it's blue its a deep deep navy blue that in only certain lights can you see the sheen of navy. More so it looks to be a glossy sheen black which I actually prefer to match the bezel. Thanks to all for the cool words on my new piece

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
Great looking piece, I've seen a few in person. Very sharp price too, as the retail is A$3,000. Great connection to the Australian Barrier Reef conservation, which Oris supports with a proceed from each sale.

·
Banned
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys for the cool words on my new piece. It's a fun watch to wear with perfect balance between the very well made bracelet and 46mm case which wears much smaller. I believe one ask if the bezel has lume. It does not. The lume on the dial is pretty strong though which is nice. I also just found out the bezel in fact is Ceramic. I had no idea when I bought it about that. I'm even that much more satisfied with it.

·
Banned
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks fantastic! Does it sit flat or do you feel like the lugs curve around your wrist comfortably?
It does definitely sit perfectly on the wrist and curves or wraps my wrist just right. I have a 7 inch wrist if that helps and of course this is the larger 46mm case. Oris also makes one of the best bracelets on the entire market I do know that. I actually forget at times I have it on and it's the all stainless version too. I've owned a ton of watches over my collecting years and this bracelet ranks at the top.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
It does definitely sit perfectly on the wrist and curves or wraps my wrist just right. I have a 7 inch wrist if that helps and of course this is the larger 46mm case. Oris also makes one of the best bracelets on the entire market I do know that. I actually forget at times I have it on and it's the all stainless version too. I've owned a ton of watches over my collecting years and this bracelet ranks at the top.
Agreed...very nice bracelet. Thanks for the pic.

·
Banned
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Agreed...very nice bracelet. Thanks for the pic.
Man yeah! No problem at all. Glad to help any time.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts