WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The UPS man brought me a particularly special treat today, and I thought I'd share. It's an S234-501A Seiko Pulsemeter that's as NOS as any watch I've ever seen - pretty neat considering it was made just a month after my first birthday.

Time to unbox.

Technology Electronic device Gadget

Outer layer removed.

Electronics Material property Technology Eyewear Audio equipment

One more layer...

Everyday carry

I wasn't even aware that it came with all these crazy extras. After reading the very thorough manual, I can see how it's designed to form a sort of vest for the two attachable sensors when running, as the normal pulsemeter function that's built into the watch won't work well when the wearer is moving a lot. Perhaps most are aware of this, but I certainly wasn't as I've never seen anything but the watch alone before. The censors themselves are signed Seiko - neat!

Text Headset Audio equipment Diagram Technology

The watch has basically every function my Arnie does, plus the pulsemeter, a "pulse alarm" that goes off if you get a bit too excited, and a pace-setting beep that is more or less a metronome for running. The pulsemeter still seems to be working perfectly. Here's my pulse, a bit higher than usual. Maybe it went up because I was excited to unbox this thing :).

Watch Electronic device Technology Digital clock Gadget

Here it is with the attachments on. As I'm at work, I thought I'd trust that the sensors work... might look a little funny running around with it on.

Wrist Technology Electronic device Pedometer Gadget

Guarantee looks like it was just filled out!

Text Font Document Paper Handwriting

Maybe most exciting, this completes my "trio" of Aliens watches. Back home I have a 7A28 black "Bishop" and "Ripley," though not in this shape. Admittedly, the Ripley isn't screen accurate as she wore the silver model, but it's pretty cool to have all three match! I'll take a group shot when I get home tonight and post it.

Hope you all enjoyed this!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Love it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Very cool collection from a great run of movies.

These were all from Aliens right? Did the other movies have different watches?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where in hell did you find this? Just incredible!

Your trio looks great, too.
Thanks! Believe it or not it was a find on the 'bay. I saw it quickly and went into "have to have it" mode, offered a BIN, and the seller agreed. He was selling it on behalf of a former school principal who had bought the watch in the 80's for the school track team to use. He said he thought it was used a couple of times, but it sure doesn't look much like it was.

Very cool collection from a great run of movies.

These were all from Aliens right? Did the other movies have different watches?
Yup, all from Aliens (aka Alien 2). I read an old post in which Isthmus said that Sigourney Weaver was wearing a black watch in Alien but he couldn't tell what it was. AFAIK, these three are the whole world of Aliens watches, or at least from the first two movies. They sure went downhill fast after that...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.