WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked it up pretty cheap, just a hair over 3K. Its a 145.022 from 1985 that looks like it has never been polished.

It has a special surprise though, a "Holy Grail" 1450 bracelet with 808 end links. I dont think the seller knew what the bracelet was and priced it as a standard unpolished Speedmaster from 85. Came with box, booklet and warranty book.

·
Premium Member
5,127 Posts
Congrats on obtaining your Speedmaster with the bracelet that you have sought for so long. And, it looks perfect on your wrist. Enjoy your new Omega and its special bracelet.

·
Registered
966 Posts
That’s a great deal. Congratulations. The seller really didn’t know what he had. He could have easily gotten $4500 for it. I bought mine but it was more expensive. The bracelet is absolutely awesome. Comfortable and beautiful. Can you post a picture of the non pusher side of the case please?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That’s a great deal. Congratulations. The seller really didn’t know what he had. He could have easily gotten $4500 for it. I bought mine but it was more expensive. The bracelet is absolutely awesome. Comfortable and beautiful. Can you post a picture of the non pusher side of the case please?
Hard picture to take, so many facets for the light to bounce off of. What did you pay for yours?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Congats on the find, I love stories like this! I never knew about the 1450 bracelet, so thanks for the pics and the backstory about it.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Hard picture to take, so many facets for the light to bounce off of. What did you pay for yours?

Thanks for the pic. I paid $4100 for mine, but without box or papers. It’s a 1988 I believe, in fantastic shape. I didn’t realize that only about 2000 were sold with the 1450 bracelet. It must have been offered randomly over several years.
The reason I asked for a side shot is that I wasn’t sure wether the midcase on mine had been polished or came that way. I even posted a thread recently asking for Speedmaster owners to weigh in because the profile of the case on mine was significantly different from most Speedmasters, even older ones. Seeing yours I am happy to see that it must have come that way originally on the 142.022 (145.0022) produced in the 1980’s. What I mean is that the upper part of the case side, the one that slopes downward, is considerably wider than that of most Speedmasters. That’s one minor difference that is almost never mentioned in any of the articles or videos about the evolution of the Speedmaster. I did read somewhere that Omega used different manufacturers for the midcase over the years, which might explain the difference.
Congratulations once again.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks for the pic. I paid $4100 for mine, but without box or papers. It’s a 1988 I believe, in fantastic shape. I didn’t realize that only about 2000 were sold with the 1450 bracelet. It must have been offered randomly over several years.
The reason I asked for a side shot is that I wasn’t sure wether the midcase on mine had been polished or came that way. I even posted a thread recently asking for Speedmaster owners to weigh in because the profile of the case on mine was significantly different from most Speedmasters, even older ones. Seeing yours I am happy to see that it must have come that way originally on the 142.022 (145.0022) produced in the 1980’s. What I mean is that the upper part of the case side, the one that slopes downward, is considerably wider than that of most Speedmasters. That’s one minor difference that is almost never mentioned in any of the articles or videos about the evolution of the Speedmaster. I did read somewhere that Omega used different manufacturers for the midcase over the years, which might explain the difference.
Congratulations once again.
Actually, only 1800 because 200 came on straps. I think the straps were on the precious metal variants of the 376.0822

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Very cool! Congrats on the new piece! Hope the seller doesn't see this. 😅

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very cool! Congrats on the new piece! Hope the seller doesn't see this.
Doubt it, it’s a pretty small shop and the owners is in his 70s and only posts a few watches on the shops web page from time to time. I happened to stumble across it while doing a Google search. His webpage came up on about page 8 of the Google search

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I’ve had this thing on my wrist all weekend, talk about a comfortable bracelet! It’s as if the watch isn’t there most times. I have to look down and check that it’s still there. This bracelet comes real close to my Oyster bracelet with the glide lock clasp from Rolex as being the most comfortable in my collection. No wonder the 1450 is so coveted by collectors. I understand it’s allure now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts