WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new here, but I've been lurking for a while....Anyway, I just bought my first Anonimo and I'm loving it!!
I had been looking for a new watch for months and was not seeing anything that really bowled me over. Then I stumbled upon Anonimo....I did some reading on the history of the company and simply loved their designs.
So now I'm the proud owner of a brand new Chronoscopio Mark II; but I have a couple of questions....
Does anyone know if this model is a "limited edition?" It doesn't say on the Anonimo website, but my watch is marked 40/249. Does this just mean that they only made 249 Mark IIs in 2007? Or ever? There is an "07" on the caseback so I'd assume it's just in 2007...simply looking for clarification.
Also, the strap is ever so slightly too big. I'm wearing the watch on the last hole and it's a little loose (yeah, I have small wrists and I'm wearing this massive watch!! Looks good though...) Do they make different sized straps? The dealer that I bought the watch from didn't think so but said their watchmaker can punch another hole. I was reluctant as I didn't know if it would affect the water-resistance of the leather. Not that I'll be doing a lot of swimming or diving with this watch, I'd just like to know if adding a hole compromises anything.
Anyway, I can potentially see more Anonimos in my future and I'm glad to have this one on my wrist!

Thanks in advance for any input...

Eric

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Not sure about the LE question, but there are several LE's that exist in the Mark II body.

It is one real sweet watch and I look forward to your pics and your thoughts.

Wear it in good health.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Eric

Enjoy your new purchase. Wear it in great health. That is one fat watch.....for some pretty skinny wrists that is....lol;-):-d:-d

Steven

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
I am at the last hole in mine as well. I'd punch a hole as you are not doing any extended water wear. As soon as I trim off a pound or two, I will have the same problem.

I hear there is a shorter strap as well.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Congrats on your first Anonimo. My AD has the TruBlu LE Mark II and that is one beautiful piece. The Mark II or Zulu GMT Ox-Pro may be my next buy.

Stan

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also, I saw on the AnonimoUSA website that they do in fact make a smaller strap. I'm going to call my dealer today and have them order it. Hopefully theu will take the original strap back in trade...

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
That looks great on you! b-) Beautiful watch, wear it well and thanks for sharing some wrist shots. :-!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Beautiful watch!! When I purchased my watch from the AD, I had the same problem. I did not want to compromise the Kodiak process so I had them call Anonimo. Apparently, the Kodiak process soaks into the leather and by adding another hole it will not effect the usefulness of the process. Wear it well!!!:-!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the kind words guys!!
I must admit that I feel better having just read your compliments. It had taken me about a week to pull the trigger on this watch because I was concerned that it looked too big on my wirst. My previous 'daily-wear' watch was an Oris TT1 Chrono which is 42.5mm. The Mark II is supposedly 44mm but I think it looks bigger. If you include the crown, Anomino says it's actually 48.5mm!!!! Honestly, this number almost scared me away from the watch. I kept thinking that as much as I love the watch, I can't get something that looks foolish on my wrist...
I actually spent a half an hour walking around the store one day asking everyone if they thought the watch looked too big. LOL!!
Needless to say, I was finally comfortable with it; and now after 24 hours, I'm 100% used to the size....especially after the compliments. Thank you.

Here's a final word though that I forgot to mention earlier, which is pretty cool...

I turned 40 this year and had been looking for a gift to buy myself for my "milestone" [ugh!] birthday. Well, although I had been looking for a watch, I decided when I found the Anonimo that 'it' would be 'the' gift to myself. I then flip-flopped for a week over the size.....then went back to my dealer yeasterday to buy the watch.
It was only after I got it home that I realized what I said above....that the watch I bought, the only Mark II in the store, was in fact #40 of 249...

When it hit me, I smiled to myself, thinking I guess this was the right watch all along. :)

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I really know what you mean. I have small wrists too!!! Up untlil now I would not wear anything bigger than a 42mm. Now when I put on one of my other watches, I think "man that is sooooo small and insignificant!!!" Congrats on the watch and birthday!!!:-!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Great Story...It was REALLY meant to be! Happy 40th and congrats on the Chronoscopio.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice pictures and no it's not too big on you. For me after owning a militare i feel embarrased wearing my Tag Heuer Kirium, it is soo small :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Eric,
Great story, # 40 was meant to be afterall. I did the same thing for my 40th last year. I bought a couple of Anonimos to celebrate. The old lady still wont let me forget it ;-);-)...lol

Enjoy yours for a long time

Steven

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks again guys...this is a great forum, with great people!! I look forward to seeing it grow with more Anonimo enthusiasts!

AAH, I was in the same boat as you...scared to get anything bigger than 42-43mm. Well, THAT's done and over with!! LOL...

Steven, my wife was surpisingly cool with it. :) Happy belated 40...

Eric

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Eric, that's my favorite Anonimo! I'm jealous. As far as I know, it is not a limited edition. Once they hit 250, Anonimo could issue more. Then again if the number goes up to 249, one would think that would be it. So who knows? Personally, I much prefer the regular Mark II to the blue numbers and different shaped hands of the TruBlu limited edition. Although, I do very much like the original LE Mark II with the large "1" and missing "10" on the dial. The case of the Mark II is fantastic. I've been waiting for a Mark II to hit the second hand market... and waiting... and waiting... and waiting...

If you decide it is too big, I'd be happy to take it off your hands. Shoot me a PM if you decide it's not for you. I'm serious!

Congrats! Any more pics you've got would be greatly appreciated.

-FLX

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
Here's my Mark II... :)

Looks great! Enjoy. I had the orange dialed one, sold it because there was no seconds counter. Had a red chronograph Glycine too, sold it for the same reason.

Sean

1 - 20 of 27 Posts