WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, since no one replied I guess I'll reply to myself again :)

Just received the watch today. It really looks great. It's a Seiko 5 that in my opinion looks very traditional and classic. I am really impressed by the workmanship. It looks way more expensive than it cost. I had to take a few links out of the bracelet (thanks to searching this forum) and it now fits fine.

I wore it last night for about an hour then put it away. This morning I checked it and it was about 4 minutes slow. Obviously, I haven't worn it enough yet. Time will tell I guess :) Pretty much to be expected, right?

So far, I'm pleased with it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've been reading about the 7S26 movement and so far everyone seems to agree that for the money, it is a darn good Japn Movement. I'm looking to get the Seiko Military 5 Auto and so far am leaning towards it. How are the links on that "Jubilee" bracelet? Solid? Foldover?

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
Well, as with any Seiko 5, you bought a nice solid watch with a reliable movement. Give it some time to run in before the movement settles into a rhythm. Sadly, IMHO you overpaid. At almost $85, IMHO, you paid about $35 too much. Still you got a great deal if you compare it to the retail price of the watch. You should have a nice solid performer that will be with you for years to come.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been reading about the 7S26 movement and so far everyone seems to agree that for the money, it is a darn good Japn Movement. I'm looking to get the Seiko Military 5 Auto and so far am leaning towards it. How are the links on that "Jubilee" bracelet? Solid? Foldover?
Not quite sure what you mean by solid or foldover but the bracelet doesn't feel cheap to me and seems well put together. I had to take out a few of the links and each link basically hooks into the next one with little metal connector links that fit inside. There are arrows on the back of the links that indicate how to pull the connectors out. Seemed like a typical seiko 5 design on how the links go together.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, as with any Seiko 5, you bought a nice solid watch with a reliable movement. Give it some time to run in before the movement settles into a rhythm. Sadly, IMHO you overpaid. At almost $85, IMHO, you paid about $35 too much. Still you got a great deal if you compare it to the retail price of the watch. You should have a nice solid performer that will be with you for years to come.
Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I thought that I might have overpaid compared to other Seiko 5 models too but I just haven't found that particular style for much less than that. I was really stuck on that design and the two tone bracelet and I guess I would up paying extra for it. Maybe the prices were high beacuse of the Christmas rush or something. Right now there are a few selling for as high as $85 or so plus shipping. I did see one for $60 plus shipping some time ago but for some reason that auction was pulled when I bid on it. Hmmmm...wonder why? Could Seiko have some say in how cheap these watches sell for? Anyway, I still can't find this watch for much less than what I paid.

Also, do you know if it makes any difference if the instructions didn't come with it? Not that I needed them but is there some reason why a lot of these watches sell without the instructions or box (or both)?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts