WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I just bought this Enicar MRO Star Jewels (hand wound) on the Swedish branch of Ebay (www.tradera.com). I paid the equivalent of $25 or so for the watch. Not too bad I think (and hope....).

Enicar - front.jpg Enicar - back.jpg

Now, the seller has no idea when the watch was made or what movement is in it. I have not received it yet, so I can't verify, but from what Google tells me it could be the AR 161 movement. Is that a good one?

Could you enlighten me as to what year it might be from? My guesstimate is late 60's - 70's - any other suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
It does look like a late 60's/early 70's model to me, but I'm not an Enicar expert.
Once you receive the watch and can get a pic of the movement, you should be able to get a better idea of the date.
And $25 for an Enicar is a good deal.
My only suggestion other than having the watch cleaned and serviced is to replace the strap as it looks slightly small for the lugs.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the input. I hope it arrives next week.

I'll try to post a pic of the movement then - if I can get the back off. I've not had much luck with that lately...

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
It looks like a screwback.
Might need to take it to a watch repair shop if you don't have the tools.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got a cheap, basic case wrench - but I may need to invest in a better one. The last two watches I've bought has been too tightly screwed down for me to be able to get them open.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts