WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just pulled the trigger on my first Breitling. I know it’s a little flashy with the orange dial but I think it will be a fun summertime wear and that it will earn lots of wrist time. Since it will be a casual piece with minimal office wear I ended up going with the black rubber strap with the upgraded Breitling deployant clasp.

From what I have read it’s a mixed bag on if peeps like this watch so I wanted to see what you all think? Currently I have been mainly wearing my Rolex OP39 rhodium dial, Tudor black bay gmt Pepsi (bracelet), and my Blue Tudor Pelagos on the bracelet. I have many others but those 3 have garnered the most wrist time in the last year.

The only watch that I have on rubber currently is my IWC aquatimer 2000 but that’s pretty chunky. I haven’t put the pelagos on the included rubber yet but when I saw this Breitling and worked a good deal out with my local AD I just couldn’t pass it up.

Thank you,

Attachments

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Cool summer watch. Comfortable on rubber & deploy. With the brushed case and rubber, it'd make a good outdoors watch in general due to it being very resistant to wear (my shooting and outdoors watch is completely brushed).

While I am not one for the orange, that is personal preference. Many like it, and it's a cool piece that's different from every other black and silver dial that everyone wears. I applaud you seeking something more unique, a lot of people miss the appreciation of finding unique pieces rather than going for the hype :)

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
I like it. I'm thinking about getting something with an orange dial. Been looking at Doxa, but maybe I should look at this one as well.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
The watch itself is fantastic, dial color is just preference. I have the black on rubber and it’s my goto beat around watch. I actually love mine, it’s so comfortable, keeps near perfect time and glows like crazy in the dark all night long.

·
Premium Member
36,231 Posts
Very nice. The orange really makes the watch stand out.

Enjoy it.

·
Registered
977 Posts
My "older" Coral dial SO says welcome to the orange family

SOcoral02Web.jpg

Reactions: rsittner

·
Registered
234 Posts
Love the orange face, I am torn between this and the white dial version. Both look fantastic. I don't own a Breitling yet, but this will definitely be my next purchase.

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
Congrats!

I've been mulling buying this one for a year now. The orange is the best orange I've ever seen on a watch, and orange is a color I like a lot. It it were no date (which I doubt Breitling will ever do an a watch that's not a vintage reissue) or were it slightly smaller, either one, I'd likely have bought it by now.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts