WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just got this watch, the PAW 1100T and was wondering is this a mudman or frogman? g shock?

how does this model rate compared to so many other models?...very confusing. can someone explain it all?

I had a heck of a time getting it. I bought it 3 times and returned it twice. 2 different stores said they could modify the bracelet (titanium) and yet each time, the pins just slid right out and watch fell off my arm in the evening.
This third purchase, the store says they will send it out for free for 3-5 days and that it will be fine!?

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
hi,

the PAW1100 is NOT a g-shock, therefore not a mudman, frogman ect. it is a Pro-Trek (pathfinder) outdoor watch. although very huge and solid build it is not exactly so tough like a g-shock. it also is "only" 100 meters water resistant where most g-shocks are 200 meters rated. so you can use it for swimming, snorkeling or under the shower, but i wouldn't recommend it for scuba diving.

The PAW1100 represents along with the PAW1200 series the top of the line Pro-trek models.

I'm not sure what you mean by "modify the bracelet", I presume you mean getting adjusted it to the size of your wrist? if so it is usually not a big deal and can made by yourself. though shouldn't take a dealer no longer than a few seconds to downsize it for you...:-s :-s :-s

regards, holger

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi williambob, just for information, could i know where did you find it ?
On another another forum i saw that it's (PAW1100T) out of production...
Top of the PRW/PAG/PAW lines it's the wonderful CASIO PRW1100YT-1JF / PRW1100BJ-1JF family.
It's the only one with sapphire crystal and a different bracelet closing system (e.g: different from that one on a PRG80YT).
Thanks.

Regards from Italy.

Marco1971.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies so far!

Marco, I got it at jc penny- 3 times as i said. I've seen that you are looking for one...I could get one for you if you want.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey, another question....marco says in another thread that this watch has the 3042 module...the three ive bought all had 3043. they were all paw 1100t -7.....are you sure this watch has saphire?

·
Registered
486 Posts
and what's the difference between paw, prw etc...?
PAWS, i believe, have a mineral chrystal display, whereas PRW's have the sapphire chrystal display...those are 2 differences i know of for sure....

the other difference i know for sure is PAW's will be available at JCP, the PRW is a japan only model, so you wont find it at JCP...

and the MAJOR difference i noticed while looking for a PRW 1100 vs PAW was the price...

PAWs can be had for $175-$225....

PRWs 1100 are $500-$600, when you can find them

i'm sure someone more knowledgable than me will come on to explain other differences as well...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for the replies so far!

Marco, I got it at jc penny- 3 times as i said. I've seen that you are looking for one...I could get one for you if you want.
Thank you very, very much williambob...when i'll ready t buy one PAW1100T i'll contact you (how i can pay for it ? PayPal ?).
For now, i'm still awaiting for the non-plus-ultra of PRW/PAW/PAG/PRG series...

I bought it before XMas from a japanese eBayer (it cost about 52000 Yen).

Thanks.

Marco from Italy.

·
Registered
57 Posts
hey, another question....marco says in another thread that this watch has the 3042 module...the three ive bought all had 3043. they were all paw 1100t -7.....are you sure this watch has saphire?
Hi williambob...

I can confirm...so far, only one PROTREK/PATHFINDER series from CASIO do have a synthetic sapphire crystal (made from native aluminium oxide i.e : Al2O3).
All the others do have mineral glass (amorphous glass with different refraction index).
As i can confirm that you can find module 3042 only in PRW1100 (both with ballistic nylon bracelet and titanium bracelet as well) series.
The other models have someone module number 2894 (as in my new PRG80L-2VDR that i just received), someone model number 3043 (only wave ceptors one like PRW1200 series or your PAW1100T) or minor variants.
Some differences between 3043/3042 models are:

1) 3042 uses a different antenna (ferrite rod) for long wave reception.
2) 3042 only have S.I as unit system (i.e: Pascal for pressure and Meter for altitude).

Other differences are known only to CASIO's engineers (sigh).

Regards.

Marco1971.

·
HAQ and AW moderator
7,634 Posts
I bought the PAW1100T from Penneys yesterday. It synched up from my window sill last night. I will try other distances from the window.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts