WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the new 2018 DW5900 reissue ? Just got one for a really good deal on eBay. Never really knew the original one existed, but apparently it was pretty popular back in the day ( being in the movie Big Lebowski, Bad Boys etc ). Never really cared for the look of it but after looking at some reviews of this model, it’s really grown on me so decided to get one last minute.

Any thoughts on this new rerelease ?

·
Registered
7,331 Posts

·
Registered
12,412 Posts
I have a DW-5900-1 reissue. I like its oddball looks and accent colors, especially the blue and orange tint of the eyes. I understand the reissue removed some of the features of the original version, but it still looks very similar.

Here's a G-Central article about the reissue.

View attachment 15505129
Yep, removed the analog left eye, but added a light. I have one in the stealth black/neg display and one intact original and one that got resin rot.

Sent from Capt Kirk's Communicator

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
I like the reissued 5900

I do miss the analog "eye". I thought it was a cool feature that only a few folks with good eyes could see

I like that analog eye because it reminds me of that his and hers watch set my folks got in the 1980's. These were analog LCD watches. It had digital hands. The watches were a no name brand( an "as seen on TV" $29.99 type thing) but it was cool. I wish they would offer this type of watch again

If you got it from the seller, that I think you did, he is a cool person. He sells on the forums also. I have bought from him several times and I give him and A+

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a DW-5900-1 reissue. I like its oddball looks and accent colors, especially the blue and orange tint of the eyes. I understand the reissue removed some of the features of the original version, but it still looks very similar.

Here's a G-Central article about the reissue.

View attachment 15505129

Thank you for the link ! That was an interesting read !

I hope Casio continues with these old school re-releases. I started another thread awhile ago with everyone’s thoughts on bringing back the DW6600 since that was such a popular model - I think would do really well if Casio bought it back. I hope Casio has more rereleases in the works ( I think they call it thier “origin” lineup or something like that.

·
Registered
7,331 Posts
Thank you for the link ! That was an interesting read !

I hope Casio continues with these old school re-releases. I started another thread awhile ago with everyone’s thoughts on bringing back the DW6600 since that was such a popular model - I think would do really well if Casio bought it back. I hope Casio has more rereleases in the works ( I think they call it thier “origin” lineup or something like that.
Here's another DW-5900 reissue thread that might be of interest to you.

·
Registered
75 Posts
this is the Walter!!!! i had this watch but then sold it, never wore it... it was too thin to my taste, but the design is amazing!!!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I find the Casio subdial analog time displays are practically impossible to read and I have outstanding near field vision.

Yep, removed the analog left eye, but added a light. I have one in the stealth black/neg display and one intact original and one that got resin rot.

Sent from Capt Kirk's Communicator

1 - 10 of 10 Posts