WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I just purchased a transocean day/date 43mm. Love the watch but have two questions. One technical, another opinion:

1) it says it has 100m of water resistance. Now I'm not a diver but I'd like to not panic if I get it wet or jump in a pool. My concern is that this is the first nice watch I've purchased where the crown does not screw down. In "position 1" (pushed all the way in) the crown continues to wind the watch. I don't think this is incorrect however it concerns me regarding water resistance.

2) it came on a brown leather strap (I purchased the white face version). I love the strap but I was wondering your opinions for a less dressy option. I could of course get the stainless mesh but would it be blasphemy to put it on a canvas strap? I think a breitling rubber strap (like I have on my SuperOcean Heritage) would look silly on here, but any other options you think I could use to dress it down a bit for when I'm just knocking around in very casual clothes?

Thanks, everyone!

Steve

·
Registered
300 Posts
Congrats, need pics!

1) I'm not an expert but I'd image you'd be fine jumping in the pool with it. As far as I know 100m is fine for swimming.

2) why not the Breitling rubber aero classic 2 or the Breitling military strap? Both look good on the transoceanic day/date.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for the duplicate picture and thanks for your reply. I do like that military strap. You really think this "dressier" type of watch would look OK on a rubber strap? Perhaps I'll take a trip to AD to check it out. I'd love more options.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Nice watch.

1. Read here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_Resistant_mark. Research is part of the fun of ownership.

2. I find you can generally make a dressier watch more casual by dressing it down with a more utilitarian watch strap, but generally cannot turn a tool watch into a dress watch (unless it's a Rolex Submariner). I think your watch would look great on a canvas strap or oiled leather. Personally, I wouldn't wear it on rubber, but each to their own.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I love this watch! That minimalist dial is so sexy to me.

Personally, I don't know how it would look on rubber. If you go to an AD and check it out, be sure to post a pic. I want to see it.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have a few diver mechanical watches. I don't even let a drop of water touch them. The only watch which sees a lot of water is my GShock

1 - 11 of 11 Posts