WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to get it for the price and not sure how many more production runs Seiko is planning on. So I said to myself, why not. It’s a classic in my opinion and if can get it new rather than second hand, go for it. I also really like the 37mm case size. It’s perfect for my wrist. You get a lot for such a low price. Auto, day and date from a legit brand. No hacking would normally be a issue for me but in this case I can look past that. Although it does backwards hack. 😉👍I know I’m hyping up such a basic watch but like all of us here, I really love this hobby and I appreciate Seiko for producing a quality timepiece for a price that almost anyone can afford. Especially if they are just starting in the hobby.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have one and that is my beater watch. I love it so much that I am planning to get the exact same one just to keep NIB. In person these watches are a lot nicer than in pics, one of maybe 3 watches that somebody complimented on my wrists. I saw a few Correctional Officers wear the one you have when I used to work there, perfect for that environment.

·
Registered
460 Posts
This would be such a good beater watch! Might consider picking one up just to throw around.

·
Registered
9,342 Posts
I had one in green. A little too small for my wrist but otherwise a very nice watch. Congrats and enjoy!

·
Registered
204 Posts
I had one in green. A little too small for my wrist but otherwise a very nice watch. Congrats and enjoy!
Me too, and mine is also green. Size is actually ok but once I tried a couple bigger watches it started to look tiny to me. Still love it though

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have had one of these for a long time, and every time I wear it I am reminded that is is a great watch. To think, I almost got one of those timex field watches a decade or so ago. I think if that had happened I wouldn't have gotten into this hobby.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I just bought one last month. I have always liked this model, so decided to get one before Seiko discontinues it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
Great watches for sure. I got my first Seiko 5 a couple of dozen watches in, and looking back, it should have been much earlier! I’m curious about more of your initial impressions. What stands out to you as different or better than your expectations?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts