WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Great watches for sure. I got my first Seiko 5 a couple of dozen watches in, and looking back, it should have been much earlier! I’m curious about more of your initial impressions. What stands out to you as different or better than your expectations?
The finish for sure. The pictures from where I initially saw it do it no justice. The blasted case has no blemishes. The print on the dial is crisp. Prior to receiving it I had already thought about different strap options thinking it was going to be cheap but it’s great quality and very comfortable. I will eventually swap it out just to give the watch a different vibe but certainly not because of the quality. In my humble opinion, this watch is perfect and if it were closer to two hundred dollars versus the $115 I paid for it, it’ll still be one heck of a deal.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I regret giving mine away.
So you are saying I should not send mine to my nephew? It's packed and ready to go. Now I'm reconsidering.

Seriously, it's such a solid watch and great to wear. I will miss it.

Reactions: Mr.V1984

·
Registered
433 Posts
Those are great watches. I owned one for a few years and wish I had not sold it. It's one of those that I think in 20 years Seiko will rerelease as a homage to the original because so many people love them.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Honestly, Seikos have never captured my interest. That said, I've always thought the 5 is a sharp watch. Congrats on the acquisition.

Reactions: Mr.V1984

·
Registered
618 Posts
Seiko 5 is how I got into this mess..

Great watches for sure. If I had a hard budget on watches (<$500), Seiko 5 would be where all my funds would be spent.

·
Premium Member
7,793 Posts
Congrats on your Seiko 5 field watch. And, a great wrist shot btw. Here's to enjoying your latest acquisition to your collection.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I started with one of these too! Sold it because it was a little too small for my taste, but it's a great watch.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
234 Posts
I just bought one last month. I have always liked this model, so decided to get one before Seiko discontinues it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here. Don't know why I didn't buy all four colors back when they were 60 bucks.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
They're neat; perfect size. And fun to mess with. But I wish the face of the now out-of-production SNKN33 would have been the winner. I like the flieger style, but the one with the dominant hour markers is more swoon-worthy, I think. Would love to have one of these with a sapphire crystal upgrade.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Congrats!! That's such a great looking piece. Hard to beat a Seiko 5 for the bang. Enjoy!!...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 66 Posts